• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cross contamination issue

newtothis

I have a VersaCamm VS540 and the other day it started printing a drop shadow look which is not in the file. I cleaned the printhead, capping station and changed the rubber wiper. Then I ran multiple Normal Cleaning cycles as well as test prints (see attached photo).
Not too long ago I replaced the capping station.
Any ideas as to what could cause this?

Attachments

• Print Issue.jpg
    Print Issue.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 99
  • Cleaning Test.jpg
    Cleaning Test.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 71

newtothis

Before I cleaned the printhead there was a Medium and Power Cleaning done. I must have also done around 5 of the normal cleaning cycles after cleaning the print head.

badouali

i recently had same problem with my mimaki jv3 160s...and its a pleasure to share my experience with others on this forum..which is now solve......

please look at all parts in your capping station...... i also recently changed my capping station which i did not fix properly.....but after looking at the station bottom very well i realise that the caps are not sitting properly on the station so i unscrew the caps from the stations and fixed it well...that was history.....also make sure your pumps are good conditions..
good luck....

CS-SignSupply

Have you contacted the dealer you purchased the printer from?? They should know about the problem and be given the chance to help.

newtothis

I have to call today since they are not responding to emails. Everything was working fine last week. I will update when I have info or a suggestion works.

newtothis

Final verdict was a dirty encoder strip. Rep came in cleaned it, ran a couple cleaning cycles and the problem was fixed.