Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cross contamination issue

Discussion in 'Roland' started by newtothis, Oct 22, 2012.

1. newtothis

newtothis New Member

Oct 22, 2012
    I have a VersaCamm VS540 and the other day it started printing a drop shadow look which is not in the file. I cleaned the printhead, capping station and changed the rubber wiper. Then I ran multiple Normal Cleaning cycles as well as test prints (see attached photo).
    Not too long ago I replaced the capping station.
    Any ideas as to what could cause this?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Just by looking at your test print your problems are right there. you need some serious head cleaning

3. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome from PA..................

4. newtothis

newtothis New Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Before I cleaned the printhead there was a Medium and Power Cleaning done. I must have also done around 5 of the normal cleaning cycles after cleaning the print head.

5. badouali

badouali Member

Jul 25, 2010
    The Gambia West Africa
    i recently had same problem with my mimaki jv3 160s...and its a pleasure to share my experience with others on this forum..which is now solve......

please look at all parts in your capping station...... i also recently changed my capping station which i did not fix properly.....but after looking at the station bottom very well i realise that the caps are not sitting properly on the station so i unscrew the caps from the stations and fixed it well...that was history.....also make sure your pumps are good conditions..
    good luck....

6. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Have you contacted the dealer you purchased the printer from?? They should know about the problem and be given the chance to help.

7. newtothis

newtothis New Member

Oct 22, 2012
    I have to call today since they are not responding to emails. Everything was working fine last week. I will update when I have info or a suggestion works.

8. newtothis

newtothis New Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Final verdict was a dirty encoder strip. Rep came in cleaned it, ran a couple cleaning cycles and the problem was fixed.