• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Cross contamination SP-300i, Help!

jman

So I've been having issues for some time now and I just replaced both captops and am STILL having this issue.

Problem started by me coming in my shop in the morning, Printing the first job of the day and seeing that yellows come out orange, blue's look pink etc until you get about 2 feet printed then it clears itself up.

Yesterday I changed the cap tops and lines to the Y fitting. As you can see, When I came in today and did a test print there was alot of contamination. I did 1 medium cleaning and it cleared it up.

What is going on with this thing guys? Another issue is that white line to the right of the test prints but I think that's a feed calibration adjustment.

Dampers were replaced less than a year ago with a new black head. (Yeah I know it's looking bad again hence my black banding :/)

Cap tops replaced the other day

100% OEM Inks used

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• 20190201_130056.jpg
    20190201_130056.jpg
    897.8 KB · Views: 154
  • 20190201_131922.jpg
    20190201_131922.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 138
  • 20190201_130150.jpg
    20190201_130150.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 126

jman

After reading more I see others have suggested a new set of wipers, new pump and or dampers. I have 2 new wipers on their way as I'm trying to change out the cheaper stuff first.

As far as ink levels, all cartridges are half or fuller and the yellow is about 25% full right now.

I do have 2 roland cleaning cartridges but am not sure how to use them to possibly help.

Thanks again!

jman

Hey Frank,

Will do! My machine only needs 1 per head or is it 2? I mine as well change the black while I'm in there.

Any specific instructions on what to do once they are changed? In all the videos I found it never showed any specific procedures other than turning the printer back on after like normal.

Thank you!

ProPDF

Hey Frank,

Will do! My machine only needs 1 per head or is it 2? I mine as well change the black while I'm in there.

Any specific instructions on what to do once they are changed? In all the videos I found it never showed any specific procedures other than turning the printer back on after like normal.

Thank you!

There are 2 print heads and 2 dampers per head making it a total of 4 dampers. I usually order 5 dampers as a back-up if I don't have spares around on site.

I would consider replacing both the heads if you are getting bad prints cause it shows you had a head strike on your MY head and your black is deflecting pretty bad.

You shouldn't have to do any alignments if you just do a damper swap but if you swap the heads you will need to do a manual and then menu alignment.

Make sure to charge your dampers with ink or you will get ink starvation if you just pop them on and try to do some medium or strong cleans.

Hire a tech if you are lost. If you pay attention and ask a lot of questions your printer will be fixed right the first time and you will not have to bring him/her back making the tech visit well worth it.

FrankW

When replacing the dampers, the following is important:

Pull them carefully vertically upwarts from the connectors at the printheads manifold, because otherwise the connectors could break. Put the new ones carefully back in place.

The ink will move back through the ink tubes. The most secure way to pull it back and fill the dampers is with a syringe at the tube of the capping when assembled.

jman

Thanks everybody! Waiting on dampers to get here guys. Hopefully by end of the week I'll have them.

So I came in this morning, filled cap tops with fluid and the magenta and yellow drained immediately and the black and cyan cap did not at all.

I took the Y connector off and pushed fluid through it to make sure no blockages.

Same story with this thing, You do 1 medium cleaning and the contamination is cleared up. Guess it's a work around but still pain in the neck.