• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Crunch time

HP Latex L26500 vs Epson Surecolor SC-S30600/670

• HP Latex L26500

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Epson Surecolor SC-S30600/670

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

PrintItBig

Which would you go for any why?

I need to make a decision ASAP as HP are running a deal that expires at the end of the week.

After rebates both are around the same price.

Thanks.

HulkSmash

after epsons last printer (trash) I would be sure to wait on that one until it has bared the market a bit. Latex has proven results.

C

ColoPrinthead

Epson is a pain to deal with in terms of getting parts for doing your own repairs. The parts can be found but it takes work. I'm not a fan of the GS6000s that I work with currently.

Hp Printer Ya!

I bought an HP L25500 a year and she's a sweetie. Prints every time sits and waits until I need her. Low ink use Colors are better than the other printers I have owned (running with Flexi 10.5) The only thing I don't like is changing media

tomence

Roland baby. Latex hasn't proved anything yet, only if you print textiles all day long since they don't curl like the vinyl and the banner material, but in your case i would buy the hp over the epson.

Bly

I should have said Roland if it's your only printer.

We also have an HP but I wouldn't trust it as an only printer.
We haven't found a pullup banner media that it doesn't destroy yet.

HulkSmash

Roland baby. Latex hasn't proved anything yet, only if you print textiles all day long since they don't curl like the vinyl and the banner material, but in your case i would buy the hp over the epson.

I print 8 hours a day on the latex and get 0 curling on vinyls and banners.

VTSigns

I print 8 hours a day on the latex and get 0 curling on vinyls and banners.

same here. i have had both a roland (sc-540) and now an HP and would choose the HP over the roland any day of the week. epson would be my last pick among all printer choices.

Typestries

Have had solvent printers since 2000, before most of the industry even thought about solvent printing as a way to make signs. I now have a growing fleet of latex printers. I'll never buy another solvent printer again. Latex technology is far superior in so many ways.

tomence

Don't let this guys fool you, HP is not the best printer to have, they won't admit any printer faults. LOL