• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Curing LF-200 Mimaki Inks using UJF-3042 FX

WIDG

Is anyone using the Mimaki / 3M LF-200 inks on a UJF-3042 FX.

The flexible inks don't seem to properly cure immediately, is there a time period after printing where the inks should be fully cured.

We print @ 32 pass to try and cure the inks as much as possible, but production time is slowed significantly. I would like to know if anyone uses a post curing technique such as a LED exposure unit.

Does anyone know what the Wavelength is and UV kind of the LED Lamp in the printer and is there a stronger lamp that could be used to help cure the inks quicker.

Thanks in advance for any information.

netrave

I use the LH100 inks - but did you try and increase the LED exposure amount? There is a setting to raise it up to 120% on the UV lamp

and there is settings on the machine for the amount of UV to cure - i have not messed with them since that doesn't seem to be a problem on my machine.

We have tons of other issues wit the machine - alignments / banding etc.

do you have any other issues with your machine or besides that is it working good?

WIDG

Hi Netrave,
Thanks for the reply.
I up the lamp illumance to 120%, and this helps, but ink is still very tacky.
Apart from the ink curing issue, we have had no problems with the UJF3042.