• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

curious about horizontal banding

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I am printing a printed wrap for a car. It's camo on the sides with the hood, roof and trunk a solid grey color. We lucked out and selected this "clay finish" look. But when I printed the gray, there was banding. not terribly and it doesn't look awful. but I need to know why it's only the gray? I have googled and come across answers like printhead. Well I've changed and cleaned and aligned all the printheads. Then there's print passes. Is this a possibility? I think I'm at 8 or 10 passes. I am using arlon 6100.... The one photo looks grainy, but it's not. Part of the photo you can see the banding on the left side.
Any ideas?
I have an HP315 latex.
TIA.

Attachments

• 20201214_101919.jpg
    20201214_101919.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 274
  • 20201214_101927.jpg
    20201214_101927.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 172

balstestrat

Problem Solver
A picture would help a lot.
Some colours are difficult and tend to produce banding or grain. Especially if the printheads aint in perfect condition.

Anyways raise your passes to at least 10 or 12 and that should help.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
A picture would help a lot.
Some colours are difficult and tend to produce banding or grain. Especially if the printheads aint in perfect condition.

Anyways raise your passes to at least 10 or 12 and that should help.
i forgot the photos. I have since uploaded. Thanks. I may try that. It's weird because the other colors didn't band at all.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
So you say you can't see absolutely anything in the other colours? Not even a slightest band?

But yeah if you did happen to do it with 8 pass do it with 10 or 12 next time. Its a light colour so it builds different from the heavier ones.