• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Curious about shop for vehicle wraps

fine point

Just a newbie curiosity.

Do all of you guys who does vehicle wraps have indoor spaces? Like garages? We are in Brooklyn NY and the spaces are very limited and expensive. Have never came across with local vendors who do wraps.

Do all of you have big indoor space to do wraps? Or you can manage it doing it on a driveway?

o_O

Thx!

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We have 2 indoor bays/garage space. AC & heated. Otherwise we install in our parking lot i.e. rv's, boats,trailers

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
You should be working in a controlled environment like an AC controlled warehouse. You can do it in a driveway but it is not an ideal solution.

We used to work on wraps in a non-climate controlled garage space and our new controlled space is SOOO much better. Doing wraps in the hot/cold can be such a struggle. That being said, there's a shop in the town I used to live in that wraps under a pop-up tent in his parking lot in the summer just so people can see him work - he has a full bay, but I think it's the about the show in that case.

Are there any wharehouse/artist spaces you can rent per day just when you have wraps to do so you're not paying for empty space when your not working on them?

papabud

Lone Wolf
i have 2 large indoor bays getting ready to add another 3. while i have done some work outside. Its never fun and creates its own set of issues. Indoors is the preferred place you want to be.

fine point

Thanks everyone!
Pop-up tent is a fun idea but it might not be ideal. We have a bay and we might be able to do it outside when push comes shove.

I never thought about renting a space. That's a good idea.

Thanks!

FP

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I would imagine doing this sort of thing outside could cause some other problems, not related to weather at all.

What about taking things apart, where are you going to lay them, so they don't get scratched or stolen ?? Speaking of stolen, what happens if you can't finish it by the end of the day ?? Ya know, like rain starts up or the heat is so unbearable, you hafta stop. What happens when winter sets in and the wind is blowing and the sleet can slice your face...... I highly doubt you're gonna wanna do it then, not to mention the loss of dexterity in your fingers.

Start looking now for a reliable place and don't count on doing anything outside, other than maybe a windshield.

Last edited: