• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Curved 1" Square Aluminum Tube

Donny7833

Hello All, Does anyone know of a supplier for curved lengths of 1" square aluminum tubing? I have a manual tube roller with square delron dies that does a decent job, but volume is past the point where it can't keep up. My tube vendor doesn't offer the service. So, before I invest in a hydraulic press, thought I would check the collective for a supplier. Thanks Much!

rjssigns

I got schooled on this very subject here not long ago. from what I was told you can buy pre-slit tubing for making curves. Folks bend them to shape the tack weld the cuts. (wouldn't be my choice)

I see you're in Wisconsin. If you're not too far from Green Bay there's a tube shop in the old O&E Machine building on the east side. http://www.tbcmetalworks.com/

Donny7833

Thanks for the replies. I did talk to a semi-local shop that has a powered roller, but they don't want to work with anodized aluminum. To easy to scratch apparently. I'll keep calling around. Thanks again.

MikePro

uncertain if your project allows this, but maybe roll aluminum angle to shape, and "skin" it with anodized aluminum strips?

Rocco G

Just about any powered roller is going to scratch anodized stock. It just puts too much stress on the material. The last time I needed 1" tubing rolled (not anodized) I had Milliken do it for me and ship it up along with other awning "stuff".

Where did you get the square dies for the manual roller? I'm guessing it's like the harbor freight tubing roller. I've seen metal dies available for these roller, but not delrin.

Donny7833

Hey Rocco. Yes, it's a harbor freight roller. I bought the square delrin dies from SwagOffroad.com. They make some really nice accessories. I roll clear and black anodized and don't get any scratching. It's actually a pretty good system, just not very fast if you need to do hundreds a week. Swag has a system to motorize the roller, but I would just as soon sub it out and concentrate on assembly in house.

JimmyG

I wonder if paint mask or removable vinyl applied on 2 sides of the anodized tube would prevent scratches when it goes thru the roller machine?