• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Custom Box Prototype Pricing

CuttingHands

Hello! First time poster/ long time lurker here.

We recently acquired an Esko Kongsberg and wanted to start doing custom box prototyping.
I really have no idea how to charge for this type of stuff. Was wondering if you guys could offer some guidance. Not sure if there should be a flat rate for setup or just base it on cutting time.

I appreciate your help!

Attachments

• Leg Wraps Sml box DIE.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 144

rjssigns

Crank up some of your own prototypes as practice. You will learn the equipment and how long it takes for each step of the process.

Greenlight signs

I work for a Carton Company that creates cartons like this. Most companies have their own cad tables and do not charge a fee to make samples. You might be able to find customers who would want mock-ups done of there products but most go to where they order cartons from because it free. in our area we charge $50 per mock-up (thats printed, cut, and glues sample). we don't charge if the customer just wants plain samples. You would want to charge a design fee if die lines are not supplied + either a flat rate on each sample or an hourly rate.