• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Custom finishes for max metal/dibond supplier

Hello,

I was looking for custom metal finishes to cut with CNC for example max metal brushed silver, brushed gold, chrome etc but looking for more finishes like brushed black, rose gold brushed any normal colors or even other custom finishes. I know a supplier in a UK but we are looking for an East Coast supplier if possible.

Evan Gillette

Check out chemetal, I think they are even east coast iirc. They have swatch decks just like wrap films, many many many finishes that can be laminated to a variety of substrates.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
If you can't find the exact colors you are looking for, laminate it with vinyl and mask it a couple of times. Then, route it face down. If you route it face up, you will have a lot of vinyl fuzz to clean on the edge of the face. If you don't use the mask you almost have to surface the table between every sheet.

Christian @ 2CT Media

If you can't find the exact colors you are looking for, laminate it with vinyl and mask it a couple of times. Then, route it face down. If you route it face up, you will have a lot of vinyl fuzz to clean on the edge of the face. If you don't use the mask you almost have to surface the table between every sheet.
If you are using UPCUT bits that is true, DOWNCUT bits work better face up.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
We didn't try downcut bits for very long. Any time we cut something with adhesive, it would get stuck on the edges and created lots of extra clean up. A cleanup pass may have taken care of that but we primarily used single flute upcuts so we moved on. You can also try masking it and cutting it vinyl up. We used to do that with PVC and it stopped that fuzzy edge on the face.

Billct2

I can't find the name right now, but I got some weathered finish architectural panels for a sign background. They had a lot of different finishes. I found them searching architectural panels

been printing for almost 15 years this will be quite the learning experience....it's a completely different ball game lol
I am a big fan of these architectural finishes, looking forward to some fun projects!

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
We avoid downcuts too, but they have their place as they really help by forcing the material into the bed.

Do you use spiral or straight cutters?

Onsrud single flute spiral O's. We used mostly 1/8" and some 1/4" until the day we figured out they made 3/16" stubby ones for 1/8" aluminum. That was a beautiful day.