• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Customer is requesting safety green or also called yellow green on reflective

Steve45

Hello all this is my first post. I have a client I have been servicing for 4 years in total roughly 35 ambulances all in printed 3M ij680 reflective. 4 years ago I thought I proved you cannot print fluorescent Yellow. And know for some reason the are asking me to try again. I tried to explain that it might look right when being reflected but in normal sunlight it will appear darker. I even thought about using all cut vinyl but the problem there is that color only comes in diamond grade. so even thats out. Any help would be a great help.

Thank You
Steve Croker

jfiscus

Rap Master
The closest we can get with our printer is Pantone 394C, it is pretty close to Lemon-Yellow Reflective, but nowhere near Diamond Grade colors.
Reflexite offers "printable" sheets of yellow film in their "diamond-grade-alternative" film; you could print on that or print on clear and apply to the reflective?
Our installers really prefer working with it compared to the Diamond Grade films.

What exactly are they trying to do? (print-wise)

Steve45

There complete job is a Printed Reflective install. the trucks are white with blue and yellow stripes and Lettering with outlines. and they want me to change the yellow to the Lemon Yellow.

jfiscus

Rap Master
There complete job is a Printed Reflective install. the trucks are white with blue and yellow stripes and Lettering with outlines. and they want me to change the yellow to the Lemon Yellow.
You could possibly print the blue and black onto the Reflexite yellow vinyl, but the blue might be a bit muddy. Getting a good cut is another story...
Or, do all 3 colors as cuts? regular black 220 and then reflective blue and Reflexite V98 Yellow overlays.
Product details ORALITE V98 Conformable Graphic Sheeting - Reflective Solutions

Steve45

I was considering printing the blue and white and overlaying the lemon yellow but it only comes in diamond grade and I don't really want to have two different types of reflective just think it wouldn't look good