• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer stolemmy vehicle wrap design.

US Pro Signs

I was driving down the street and I noticed a vehicle wrap I did forna customer, except it wasn't the truck I wrapped. Totally different and newer model. They didn't change a thing, except the images they used were really grainy. They probably didnt even pay the royalty fees for the images, so they pulled what they xould offgoogle, thats why its so grainy. On my website I have our company policies which clearly includes reproducing our work without our express permission. This is clearly a violation correct? Worst part is, we gave the guy a steal on the cost for the wrap. They paid some other guys to hack my work. Needless to say I'm pretty insulted.

2B

I was driving down the street and I noticed a vehicle wrap I did forna customer, except it wasn't the truck I wrapped. Totally different and newer model. They didn't change a thing, except the images they used were really grainy. They probably didnt even pay the royalty fees for the images, so they pulled what they xould offgoogle, thats why its so grainy. On my website I have our company policies which clearly includes reproducing our work without our express permission. This is clearly a violation correct? Worst part is, we gave the guy a steal on the cost for the wrap. They paid some other guys to hack my work. Needless to say I'm pretty insulted.

and there is why you should NOT do a "deal" unless they have several vehicles and then you give the discount on the last vehicle

well at this point you can politely contact them and remind them that you have that design copyrighted and they have 3 options;
  • pay you for using the design without permission and it can stay on the vehicle.
  • remove the warp immediately and get a different design done. Or have your company produce & install the wrap if he wants to the same design
  • if non of the above are accepted, then take them to small claims court for damages

Billct2

and since you gave the guy a steal on the cost for the wrap. the amount you could collect in court probably wouldn't be worth the time.

signguypgh

and since you gave the guy a steal on the cost for the wrap. the amount you could collect in court probably wouldn't be worth the time.

This.

Only option is to send the guy a bill. Make it passive aggressive, congratulate him on the growth of his business and growing his fleet. He won't pay it, but it's a signal that you don't want him coming back to your shop. If he does the bill is waiting for him.

Don't give people steals, people never appreciate it. If he didn't see the value in coming back to you then you don't want him as a customer anyway.

Keep in mind he was also sending the indirect signal that he believed saving a few bucks is more important than ever working again with you in the future. Only thing to do is to check your process of communicating value to the customer. Anything you could have done better? If not then just forget about the guy and move on.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You're taking for granted the guy read your website and all the fine print. Did you explain this condition before he signed your quote ?? Is it written on your quotes and invoices ?? Even if someone found you via the internet and looked at your samples is not proof, they knew they were stealing anything. You can call him and explain your story, but if he already went elsewhere, I'm sure it was to save a buck, so it probably will land on deaf ears.

Cut your loses on this one and get your rules in writing on all of your future quotes, contracts and invoices. Then, you have a possible chance of winning.