• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut issue

jgolo

I seem to be having a hard time trying to cut the attached layout. It's simple lettering with a couple outlines. When I go to cut it, it seems to cut each outline twice causing tiny little slivers of vinyl.

I tried to to just add 2 contour cuts out beyond the lettering, but they do not show up or cut when I send the file to the plotter. So what I did was to add 2 outlines in the same and or different colors and it still cuts twice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 170

jgolo

Sorry, I did create in flexi. Did not know if I could change a stroke vrs fill in flexi. I did try to just add 2 contour cuts and they do not show or cut when I send the file, but they show in flexi before you send to cut.

Phil Swanson

Premium Subscriber
I had a layout that I couldn't make a contour cut. I finally tried making a mask. Then I outlined the mask and did a contour cut on the outline.
Hope this helps.

JDC

Similar problem with flexi

I was having a similar problem with flexi. I contacted SAI and asked them to remote into my system, they installed a few updates. It seem to help a little. After some more research I ended up deleting all contour cuts then grouped the item and added a countour cut around the object. Then changed the registration mark for ARMS to type 2 and set the thickness to .040. No problems since.