• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Cut letters / wrap films

letterman7

Somewhere in here I thought I had read about someone using wrap vinyl for "regular" vinyl lettering on a vehicle. I'm facing the same thing - I have a client that just absolutely has to have 3M's military matte green for their lettering on their vehicle (which is black..). It's not a wrap, just their name. So.. aside from the fact that the name will probably not be visible on the vehicle itself, anyone have an issue with using wrap material for cut vinyl copy?

Johnny Best

Have used wrap vinyl with air egress as cut letters, you just can't cut out small letters because of the weeding being difficult from them lifting of the backing so easily.

letterman7

Yeah, these wouldn't be so small, but I would see the issue. Get that occasionally with the IJ180 on some of my "regular" printed and cut stuff.

petepaz

there is a transfer tape made for air agress liners. don't remember the name but fellers has it.
for really small lettering just leave waste material around the lettering and apply the transfer tape then weed it off of the transfer tape.
for small quantity it's not too bad.

there is a transfer tape made for air agress liners. don't remember the name but fellers has it.
for really small lettering just leave waste material around the lettering and apply the transfer tape then weed it off of the transfer tape.
for small quantity it's not too bad.

RTape 4075RLA (Release Liner Adhesion) and it doesn't stick to air egress backing. At all. But I still use it, it is high tack so it sticks to matte and satin well enough if you resqueegee it just before install.