• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cut vinyl letters w/ window perf ?

petepaz

i am quoting a job for a fire truck. they have some cut letters they want on the top front windshield. they requested wintow perf.
anyone done this before? not sure but won't that look like crap and how long would that hold up? they are only 3" letters so it's not like it will block the drivers view.

ova

Did the back window of a Tow Truck [roll off] and the side windows of a van for the same company. Both vehicles are kept inside when not in use. I left the perf white so I didn't laminate it.

One is five years, the other four.

Only problem so far is the flaking or chiping of the perf where a hole has been cut thru when the letters were cut out. they wash these vechiles about once/ week.

Dave

We have done it in the past with thick letters where the windshield wipers won't hit it. Also we did a contour cut before we laminated it, did the weeding, cutting around all the crop marks so they stayed on, then laminating it and cutting it again but this time with like a cut path of 1/4" outside the original cut path so that you get a 1/4" of laminate that will basically seal the edges. Worked well, although haven't done it much. Haven't had any complaints or redo's!

jfiscus

Rap Master
I've never done this before on a firetruck & I've done a lot of firetrucks...
Talk them into another material, or just leaving it off all-together since it's just cut lettering at that small size.