• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Cut with a Roland ColorCamm PNC-5000

sarky9

Hello,
I am new here and I need some help about this cutting plotter.
I bought a ColorCamm PNC-5000 few month ago because it was quite cheap, but there was not the CD-Rom with it, so, I was wondering if somebody can help me with the drivers and the software. I made many research but almost every links I found was dead...
I know it was compatible with CorelDraw 7 but finding this version is really hard and really expensive on eBay so, I just found this version of CutStudio but I am not sure that it will work with the PNC-5000.

Roland CutStudio Software for Windows

I know it's an old plotter and when I bought it I didn't know it was that old but I don't want to loose my money and I would like to use it a bit. I have an old Dell Latitude D810 with Windows XP and a parallel port and an Mac Pro G5 with Mac OS9 and OS X that I can use to cut with the software.
The plotter works fine because I could use it a bit with a trial version of a cutting software, but I couldn't adjust the settings so, the cut was not that great and I think the blade is quite dulled.
I gave up about the printing because I didn't found a cartridge (but no problem for the ribbons) but I especially bought it to use for cutting, even a bit.

So, if somebody know where I can find the drivers and/or the version of CutStudio or CorelDraw 7 for this plotter or maybe if somebody still have it, that would be really great.

Thank you all for your help,

Alexandre

sarky9

Hi,
Thanks to timgo I could make my PNC-5000 works again on a Windows 10 computer ;)
For other people that have an old cutting plotter like mine and want to use it, you have to find a SignLab version (version 10 still good for old plotter, the one I found is 9.1) the drivers for this plotter are in the software, so you do not have isntall the plotter as a printer in you computer. Everything is managed in the software.

Hope it will help as much as timgo helped me :)