• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut Work Table or Rollsroller?

DaveD

Anyone use a CWT or Rollsroller? Looks like a good idea to me.
I've had one for 3 years now (CWT). We love it and I wouldn't have a shop without one. We went with the 5' x 13' table. The only thing about this table is that you loose storage under it so build some shelves. Don't feel bad buying as it will pay for itself over and over again.

FatCat

Yup, we bought a CWT 1640 with all the bells and whistles a year ago. We use it everyday for mounting and laminating - it has become an indispensable tool at our shop and I couldn't imagine not having one now.

MikePro

put my hands on both, and went with the CWT. they're both great machines, but CWT cut us a way better deal at the sign show.
+1 at how I cannot believe we've never had such a tool up until now. indispensable doesn't even begin to explain how much it has helped us.

edited: o man, no brainer for you. CWT is Texas-based. go with them, or wait longer for shipping from RollsRoller.

Split76

i bought rollsroller at 2009 and CWT 1,5 years ago. Both are excellent but i prefer CWT. I would't have a shop without flatbed laminator also.

We use a RollsRoller 280/145 table here for laminating prints, mounting prints to substrate, and masking and applying cut vinyl. We're very happy with it. Haven't had a chance to get our hands on a CWT.

Pippin Decals

Anyone use a CWT or Rollsroller? Looks like a good idea to me.

I kinda made my own little version lol 33 inch x 7 feet long . Go ahead and laugh lol... ,I have never seen these before till now ... I only do basic decals and layering non printed things..But after seeing this large table ..I think i will be making a much larger one since i have been doing much larger jobs ... Mine has a glass top with remote control led panels under it plus with storage as well underneath .My vinyl is no longer stored the way it is in the video, this was when i first put it together > ...

• Agree
Reactions: mpn

Christian @ 2CT Media

We don't have a CWT or a RR, but we have a Chinese Version (which looks like we are lucky) but this type of tool for any shop that can afford it (or realize they are at a point that they can't afford to not have it), it is indispensable and quickly becomes the most important tool in the shop after the printer.

IsaacH

We don't have a CWT or a RR, but we have a Chinese Version (which looks like we are lucky) but this type of tool for any shop that can afford it (or realize they are at a point that they can't afford to not have it), it is indispensable and quickly becomes the most important tool in the shop after the printer.
How did you go about buying your table from China?

alevit53

2ct Media,
Did you have the machine delivered "door to door" or did you pick it up at a loading dock? Also, which vendor did you use and how is the quality?
I've heard some horror stories about broken pieces/glass, tables not level and etc.
Thanks
Art

Christian @ 2CT Media

We did door to door, but after that fiasco I would do door to door with your own shipping company.

We went with Henan Yingkai. There are people on here with a bad experience, but ours was a decent one with some modifications by us to make it work.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We got the 1735, 1700mm x 3500mm. Was it worth the nearly 50% lower price, very much so. But I will say we are looking to upgrade to more robust inclusive machine here in the near future.

We want something slightly wider with a dual gantry.

dypinc

Can these flatbed replace Roll Laminator? or do you still use both?

If you can have both, great. But if you are doing roll to roll lamination you will want a roll laminator which if it runs both directions can be used exactly the same way as a flatbed laminator for mounting to substrates, short of the lighted work table but there are workarounds for that.

Rydaddy

We purchased a Roll-X 1700mmx4000mm a few weeks ago. So far it's done what i anticipated. I looked at Roll-x (rollsroller) CWT and RollOver. Purchased new the CWT was a better bargain. We purchased a demo that made the choice easy. I believe that they are all very comparable. I prefer GMC trucks/SUV's etc. Some guys think Ford is the only way to go. both answers are acceptable.

In my opinion you still need a roll 2 roll machine for laminating printed rolls of media. We've had a Seal laminator for almost 15 years, it took us longer to open our eyes to how the table could help.