• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutlines in Corel X3

rosary0215

We just got new computers in our shop. The transition has been fairly smooth until this morning. The cutlines in corel are not working. We have gone in and tried to create a whole new cutline pallet (using cutcontour) but it is not recognizing it as a cutline when we send it to Versaworks for our Roland. Does anyone have any suggestions or had this problem before? I would be most grateful, thanks!:biggrin:

wildside

when we upgraded to corel x3, we noticed the cutcontour was case specific, we are not using versaworks, but for our systems and in corel we had to change it from cutcontour to CutContour, weird but solved our problem

rosary0215

I appreciate your quick response, but we have it capitalized CutContour. It's still not working. We have it labeled CutContour1, CutContour2, etc. CutContour isn't working just like I have it typed either.

rosary0215

Didn't work

Still not Working. We just got new computers and installed all the programs we had be for. Everything work great on our old systems but we are having trouble with Cutlines for X3 Corel. We have tried everything we know to. Please help if you can.

Thank

ChiknNutz

This is located on the Roland site.
http://www.rolanddga.com/rnet30/files/support/versaworks_use_en_r4.pdf

Creating a Cutting Path with CorelDRAW 11/12/X3
The following tech note will walk you through creating a cutting path to use with VersaWorks from CorelDRAW 11/12/X3.
1. Register the spot color in the palette editor.
From the [Tools] menu, choose [Palette Editor].
Display the [Select Color] window.
Create a new spot color.
Change the name of the selected Custom Spot Color to [CutContour].

Select the spot color you created.

Change the name of the color to "CutContour."

Click [OK].
The settings are saved.
Be sure to type in the name using single-byte characters, and make the "C" upper
case.
Failing to specify the name precisely will make recognition by VersaWorks impossible.
2. Create a Cutting Path, then apply the spot color to the path.
Create a path you want to cut.
Display the [Outline Pen] Dialog.
Display the [Select Color] window.
Apply the spot color to the path.
Save the file.
P. 30, "File Formats You Can Open Directly from VersaWorks"

Click the [Palettes]
tab.
Select the "CutContour"
spot color.

Click [OK].

Click this.