Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutlines of gadget wraps? 130+

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by skrubis, Jul 23, 2012.

1. skrubis

skrubis New Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Hello,

I would like to know the public opinion on this, so here it goes-

I have spent more than 2 years making and testing cut contours for various gadgets - Apple, Samsung, Sony, Nokia etc. Most of the top gadgets are there, except the Galaxy s3 and Nexus 7 as I have not gotten my hands on them yet.

All of the contours are made based on taking measurements on each device, comparing what competition has to offer (thus fixing thier cutline errors) and testing them again and again until it fits perfectly.

I thought that maybe someone would love to start a business manufacturing vinyl wraps like http://gelaskins.com or http://skinit.com and don't want to measure all of the cutlines themselves.

Would anyone be interested in buying them in packs (Apple gadgets/Tablets/Motorolas etc.) or as in All-in-one pack with updates of new gadgets or even on single gadget basis?

Just an idea at the moment, what do you think? :cool1:

Tags:
  2. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA
    I think the idea is good. However I believe there are companys that already have a pretty big stronghold on the competition. Plus now it seems like most people are going towards cases that are custom shaped. Especially in the Iphone realm. While wraps are cool. The offer very limited protection of the device and with the high wear rate ( in and out of your pocket every ten minutes.) Can you make somthing that will stick and be very durable as well as being able to pull it off your phone and have the phone still new.

3. skrubis

skrubis New Member

Aug 16, 2011
    such insider advice could also be possible- materials for durability, together with the photoshop scripts for generating products etc.