• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutter not cutting all lines

I can't figure out why my cutter (GX-640) does not finish cutting some shapes - seemingly at random. For instance I have a rectangle with rounded corners. 3 sides will be cut, all the radius corners will be cut, but one side will not get cut.

Another weird thing is that, sometimes, it's the bottom of letters that are not cut.

This doesn't happen all of the time. I'm using versaworks

Last edited:
What type of file are you cutting from? Eps, dxf, dwg

I always use .EPS saved from illustrator

The cutter is connected via USB

I setup a rectangle in Versaworks, hit repeat 20 times. If there is a missing line, the same one will be missing on all copies

papabud

Lone Wolf
i am not familiar with versaworks, but are you selecting your cut path, are you selecting all the points and lines?
in illustrator is your box complete, is the line and points all connected? i know if i go editing points and if i delete one it will look like the line is there but its not when i go to cut the file.

i am not familiar with versaworks, but are you selecting your cut path, are you selecting all the points and lines?
in illustrator is your box complete, is the line and points all connected? i know if i go editing points and if i delete one it will look like the line is there but its not when i go to cut the file.

Yes, I know what you mean by looking connected but not. I used the rectangle tools, so it's a solid shape.

papabud

Lone Wolf
does it go through the motion of cutting, is your blade in nice and tight, is your cutting strip in good shape.

Try it out with other cutting softwares, I use vinylmastercut they have free trial. If that works try uninstalling (and restart computer) and reinstalling versaworks. If problem is still unsolved try an earlier versaworks version. If still not resolved install versaworks to another computer and give it a try.