• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutter skips mark detection in Onyx Cut Server

Koala Matt

I'm having a unique issue that I can't find much help with. I'm using the Onyx PosterShop and Cut Server that came with my Epson printer and my cutter is a Graphtec 8600-130. Everything works perfect when I print and contour cut large spot graphics (40" wide or larger) but when I try to cut smaller ones, my cutter skips mark detection and just picks a seemingly random spot on the vinyl and starts cutting the contour.

I'm using the same quick set that has been working perfectly with large jobs and I've double checked the files to make sure that the cut lines are set up properly in the pdf. This has happened with every small image that I've tried, no matter the media or size.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
What version of Onyx are you running?

I've never had this issue happen in either 10.2 or 12.2, however it does happen occasionally in 21.
Haven't been able to fully resolve it yet, so I will copy the cut file to an older machine running 12.2 and cut the job from there.
I think it's happening when running multiple copies of the same job (ie. labels) where the quantity is specified by Onyx. If I setup the entire job in Illustrator I don't think this ever happens.

Koala Matt

What version of Onyx are you running?

I've never had this issue happen in either 10.2 or 12.2, however it does happen occasionally in 21.
Haven't been able to fully resolve it yet, so I will copy the cut file to an older machine running 12.2 and cut the job from there.
I think it's happening when running multiple copies of the same job (ie. labels) where the quantity is specified by Onyx. If I setup the entire job in Illustrator I don't think this ever happens.

Yes, I'm running 21. It's the only version I have so I'm kind of stuck. This particular job was only 1 copy, around 24" x 8". This has only happened previously when I have more than 1 copy of an image 12"x12" or smaller.