• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Cutter software for Mac

I am ready to buy a plotter and software but am wondering what plotter/software works with a mac. Really don't want to have to buy another computer... Thanks!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

SP_Creative

We run an all mac platform, cut with a Summa, and use MacSign for cutting. There maybe a better option out there, but this was what we found.

I personally don't think it's great software. They want to upcharge you for the full version and the free version that comes with a Summa purchase has many features of MacSign blocked. They do offer a discount on their full product because of the Summa purchase for 30 days, but it's still not all that cheap.

All that said, we've made it work. We didn't want to run boot camp or have a stand alone computer that required a double transfer for cutting purposes. And we like Apple. To us the offset is worth it. Hope that helps.

We run an all mac platform, cut with a Summa, and use MacSign for cutting. There maybe a better option out there, but this was what we found.

I personally don't think it's great software. They want to upcharge you for the full version and the free version that comes with a Summa purchase has many features of MacSign blocked. They do offer a discount on their full product because of the Summa purchase for 30 days, but it's still not all that cheap.

All that said, we've made it work. We didn't want to run boot camp or have a stand alone computer that required a double transfer for cutting purposes. And we like Apple. To us the offset is worth it. Hope that helps.
It does. Thank you for the advice.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Which cutter are you thinking of getting? Graphtec comes with Cutting-Master plug-in for Illustrator for Mac...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Most cutters will work with a Mac these days. I prefer Mimak's FineCut Plug-in for illustrator. You cut directly out of illustrator which is convenient.

Sandman

My vote would be for Sign Cut Pro. They offer out right purchase or subscription of various lengths from one week to 2 years to out right buy. Makes it very easy to try out for a short time without breaking the bank. It is strictly a bridge program used to cut Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw files. Both types import directly into the program. If you ever do large graphics, letters, paint masks, it is the best I've seen for tiling your art. Plug ins for Illustrator will cut, but when I looked years ago they were expensive and it's more like printing. By that I mean you set your media size in drop down menu boxes and cut. With Sign Cut Pro you see and size your media on the screen, you can position your art it where you want, you can cut by color, etc. But now it's even better. They now have their own sign creation program that would be worth looking into if you don't already have Illustrator. They are offering a 3 week free trial on the combo. I don't know what the cost is but they have a chat feature that you can find out.