• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting 1/8" Romark Engraving Material

FSDesigner

I have a Vision 2550 Engraver and need to cut 1/8" Romark engravable material. I have an 1/8" router bit and I am not sure what settings for speed and rotation speed to set it at. I hope this makes sense to someone. I'm afraid I am going to break my bit cutting through this thick material. Here is a picture of where I make the settings.

Thank you :)

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 112

fixtureman

I have run it at full depth at 2.5 IPS but if I were you I would do 2 cuts at 2.5 and see how it goes. If it is small enough I would use my laser. I have a 48X96 Shopbot with a 2.2kw spindle so take this into account.

aslater

I use a 1/16" bit at 12k rpm, 4 passes at 100 ipm. I would think an 1/8" at 12k rpm, 2 passes at 100 IPM would be where I would start.

Alan

aslater

This also depends on the bit you are using. I am using LMT Onsrud 63-602 (1/16") and 63-610 (1/8") which are both a single flute.

Alan