• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting ACS

kalvix

I will have an ongoing job coming up where i need to flatbed print on a 4x8 ACS (3mm Dibond) and cut out 8 24x24 pieces (nominal size could be 23.5 x 23.5 or such). While we do have a flat bed route not sure this is the most effective method of cutting down these panels. I was looking into either a pneumatic vertical cutter similar to the Inglet WINCUT Pneumatic Cutter or Foster's Excaliber 5000x (manual) or something like that. I have been also thinking of getting a shear to cut the panels.

Clean edges is a must and both should leave good edges. Can i get a recommendation from someone who has experience with this.

Thanks,K

equippaint

We use a 52" stomp shear. I print small + crop marks and use them to cut. If you round the corners after, any little stray marks left are cut off. The edges are clean and its fast

Gene@mpls

If you happen to have a Safety Speed Cut panel saw... I am going to their headquarters for a 'reveal' meeting of their new ACM cutting attachment for their saws. I know the manager and they have high hopes for it and I will be a beta tester.