• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting down of label sheets

altereddezignz

So we have of late got pretty heavy into stickers and decals by the thousands. So questions about cutting them all down. We have the souper purple rulers and the cut tool for that, A paper guillotine. How or what would be the best way to go about getting them all straight and uniform.

Let say i have a sheet full of 2" stickers. I will cut between each row of sticker for the whole sheet one way. Then take 8 runs of sticker and stack them and cut them down with the guillotine. About 8 sheets thick is about all you can get to cut completely straight with mine.

Any ideas or help to speed up the process.

Thanks

klmiller611

If you are cutting them down by hand, with ruler, then guillotine cutter, you are investing some time in the cutting.

If it were me, I'd find a local friendly printing company with a larger mechanical cutter, with digital controls and let them do the whole thing. I'll bet it would cheaper in the long run, and far more accurate cutting. Especially if you are doing that kind of quantity. Make some calls, see about time frame and cost after explaining what you are wanting to do, and make sure you tell them it is something you are reselling.

Ken Miller

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
If we are not perf cutting them then I do this:

Use Illy template file that is the size we can fit in our guillotine. It has a 1/2 pt stroke all the way around.
Create crop marks 1/2 outside of graphics. Make crop marks an even number for easy stepping.
Step as many into the template as I can.
Load my stepped 1up template file (containing my stepped images).
Step that file to my media width.
Output
Cut down my large stepped "1ups" and send out to the floor for chopping down to indviduals, our lam, cut die-lines then cut down.

Hope that wasn't to confusing?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Better yet, if you are doing that many orders in the 1000's , send them to Stouse or someone.

altereddezignz

Well i have not been using the perf cut way b/c well i think i was setting it up wrong.
Here is why i think that. Lets say you have 500 2" circles. I would create it to where it would contour cut the stickers 2" circle then come back and cut about 1/8 to 1/4 square around that. Now this si fine when cutting it but still have more time in it when you try and weed out the 1/8 inch cut around the sticker.

But not sure how well it works cutting the image out in one pass b/c it leaves the little spots where it doesn't cut the sticker so it doesn't fall out of the paper yet.

I may be wrong tho.

If i could cut down a little time in the cutting area i can compete with most places so far i have contacted to do the jobs for me. We do so many different things for these customers tho i dont like the fact that a color may be off here or there when printing in house and outsourcing as well.