Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutting Magnetic ???

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by RiXaX, Mar 17, 2011.

1. RiXaX

RiXaX Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Mendocino, CA
    Can I cut magnetic material on my FC-7000 without hurting any electronics?
    Any hints on a backing that will permit movement without any drag from the magnetism ?

Tags:
  2. TyrantDesigner

TyrantDesigner Art! Hot and fresh.

Mar 9, 2011
    Amarillo, TX
    just make a template out of something and design around existing templates, ovals and circles for example are pretty standard and when I need to make a magnetic oval I go to the supply closet and pull out the one I want. then proceed to hand cut, it's less expensive and easier to do than wearing out your machine in the hopes of making something temporary for a customer.

3. signguy54

signguy54 Not an artist

Dec 8, 2006
    Buffalo, NY
    i use those old..

aluminum plates that printers used to use...tape them over the case on rear and front. they are bendable and easy to secure with masking tape. that being said i only cut thinner magnetic material not the standard 30 mil. these are for special projects we do for a couple of customers - not standard vehicle magnets.