• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Master 2, Mac OSX.3.9, IllustratorCS3??

blackbok

I am trying to figure out how to upgrade my version of cutting master to the latest... ver 2? I am running Illustrator CS 2 on Mac OS 10.3.9, on a CE3000-60. I tried downloading CM 2, but it will not open the installer. I saw the walkthrough videos, and the interface just looks more user friendly (I use Flexi at work, so looks more familliar). How can I successfully download and install this?

Also, I plan on upgrading to CS 3, but don't know if these plug in's will work. I want to make sure I don't lose vinyl cutting for the sake of upgrade.

Any help is appreciated!

Case

Cutting Master 2 is not compatible yet with Illustrator CS3

Cutting Master 2 is not yet compatible with Illustrator CS3.....I imagine they will make it compatible sometime soon hopefully.

I don't know about your cutting master 2 working with your MAC on CS2, but I had no problem with it working on PC with CS2.

Good Luck...

doublesky

I had this problem when trying to upgrade to CS3, you are going to have to update to Tiger 10.4 (have to buy it, can't download it) OR wait for the new one that is supposed to come out in October, I think.

blackbok

OK.

So Graphtec got back with a link to the CM2. I downloaded it, and after reading the read me, threw out all of the CM 1 plug ins in the folder. It also said to:

"Before installing the Cutting Master 2 application on a Mac OS X system with a previous version of Cutting Master 1 (up to revision 3.60) installed, you should delete the Cutting Master 1 Plug-in from the Adobe Illustrator Plug-ins folder and remove the system kernel extension drivers.

Please follow these instructions carefully to remove Graphtec’s system level drivers (“.kext” system kernel extensions). Removing the wrong system files may cause other problems with your system"

A bit daunting, for an upgrade. Didn't want to throw away the wrong extensions, so since I couldn't find any under the ".kext" name, I left the ones I did find, which were "Graphtec CE 3000Mk2 USB, Graphtec CE 3000 USB, Graphtec FC 3600 USB", so on. I installed, restarted, and opened Illustrator. made a box, File, CM 2, Cut, and the setup box appears. OK, CE3000-60, USB, everything looks good. I poll sized, "cannot poll size". I hit send, and the production manager says "cannot open port". Well, I'm now without cutting capability, and it's killing me since this interface is so much better that CM1. How can I get this to work???

blackbok

Well, I found the extensions, deleted, and reinstalled. Works great! So much better than 1.

Thanks for all the help!

pacman

Thanks for posting

Hi, I just wanted to thank you for posting your problem and hinting at how you finally worked around it. I had lost two days up until this point and was starting to fear I would never get these machines communicating.
Your info was enough to help me resolve my problem, so thanks again Blackbok.