• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Cutting Oracal Chrome 352 on Mutoh Kona 1650

lbpalm

Please take a look at this pic.
- Any suggestions for Kona Cutter settings to get this right?
Any replies greatly appreciated!

- Current setting are:
1.5 force
30 speed
100 cut depth

Attachments

• IMG_8760[1].JPG
    IMG_8760[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 201

lbpalm

Tried this & seems to be heading in the right direction (see pic)

- higher speed & acceleration seem to give a better result, although not quite done yet
Also, at a force of 100 blade does not pierce the chrome

Attachments

• Chrome initial setting.PNG
    Chrome initial setting.PNG
    11.7 KB · Views: 163

Jburns

I havent used that cutter, but have ran 4 or so other brands- so I cant recommend direct settings for it. also check your blade under a jewelers loop -- see if chipped or worn down.

woolly

Tried this & seems to be heading in the right direction (see pic)

- higher speed & acceleration seem to give a better result, although not quite done yet
Also, at a force of 100 blade does not pierce the chrome

that stuff can be a pain. think the 352 is the thin chrome.. new blade in a cleaned and very lightly oiled holder, very small amount of blade showing
pressure 25 -35 gforce 1 speed about 30. your pic is showing the classic poor blade holder, blade and trying to go to fast. the points of the stars will show if the offset is wrong to little and it will pull the corner up. and because of the light pressure required the cutting strip needs to be in very good order.else you will get miss cut areas.

Joel golden

I never do chrome without a fresh blade (a cheap blade but a fresh cheap blade at least). I’ve also switched over to a thicker chrome that I get from
H&H sign supply and they have tons of chrome colors for it. Inspect blade, go slower, very little blade showing