• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting shapes in 10mm corrugated plastic

wjstewart

Anyone have some suggestions on an easy way to do this?? Router and jigsaw have been melting the edges. This is workable, it just requires a lot of clean up. Trying to work smarter, not harder. Thanks.

wjstewart

Thanks for the replies. I'm off to get a metal cutting blade and give it a try.
For a better idea of what I'm cutting it's a 30"x35" sign with an arched top and a starfish poking off one side. I've got a ton of these to do, and was thinking about making a template out of thick max-metal and routing the edges. Tried routing and it makes more mess than it's worth.
Update. Just jigged two and they turned out fine, only a little clean up. Takes some time though, about 25 min on each.

mark galoob

try a pair of electric or air shears...i have used these on 10mm coro and its like cutting paper...very easy

mark galoob

johnnysigns

I'm cutting thinner coro on a gerber router and it's coming out excellent. Typestries was nice enough to make a post ages ago about speeding up the feed rate and slowing down the cutting rpm for good results. I'm running 400 ipm at 10,500 rpms on 4-5mm coro w/ excellent results.

Maxphobia

Zune flatbed cutter large machine and costly but it pays for itself pretty quickly and can be used to cut shapes out of many different types of substrates

MikePro

stack em' square and cut all at once with a bandsaw. not too much melting that a scotchbrite pad can't cure.