• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Speeds

thirty6

Hi All

Trying to cut convex high bond laminated with pro shield 12mm (yes mx graphics ; ) )

I use flexi sign software, the problem i am having is my HS15 plotter tearing the punched holes on the vinyl. It has done this repeatedly when starting to cut out the graphics, causing me to hand cut the graphics.

Has anybody got any ideas of pressure / speed settings and would a 60degree blade be the correct choice?

Cheers

Matthew

With my Roland, and 6mm convex and 8mm laminate, I used 250 gm of force to cut with a 45 degree blade, but should have used a 60 degree blade for less force and easier cuts.

Coban

I found that its not the speed but how the material lays in my plotter whiched caused the punches to rip. Try babysitting your cutter( keeping the material from bunching) keeping light tension on either end of the material and this should help. Best of luck