• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Square stickers...

Tony Rome

Just curious what is the best way to cut stickers, as far as layout.
I need to cut and print 100 rectangle stickers 5" x 4" all the same.
All edges are black (so just picture I am cutting black rectangles)
Is it best to put them so close together and use a very think white line/outline and try to cut right on the line, or even put them really close together that you leave a very small showing of the white vinyl behind it that creates the cut line?
Or no lines/outlines and try my best to cut them in the exact same spot?

OR...do you just space them apart and have to cut them that way?

Printing on 54" sticker vinyl with Versacamm

Thanks.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'd use thin white corner crop marks right on the edge with no bleed.
In the rip set the copy spacing to 0 or a small negative number so the marks overlap.
You should be able to cut once and have a clean edge on both sides.

wayne k
guam usa

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Assuming you mean to cut them into individual squares with no backing showing. In which case butt them up top and bottom, left and right, with no white showing, and then print a hairline tick mark top and bottom of each column and left and right of each row.

Then, when you part them only cut from tick mark to tick mark and DO NOT slit all the way to and through the edge of the media. On a flat cutting surface cut all of the rows/columns and then cut all of the columns/rows. Again, do not cut all the way through the edge of the media, you want each individual decal to remain attached to the media in some way until you make the row or column cut that parts an entire column or row into individual decals. This way you can part an entire sheet with rows+1+columns+1 cuts.

rjssigns

Our Versacam is print/cut so we let the machine take care of it. Just punched out 250 laminated 3" x 4" a couple days ago.

Tony Rome

Our Versacam is print/cut so we let the machine take care of it. Just punched out 250 laminated 3" x 4" a couple days ago.
Well my cuts as well, yours cuts the backing paper?
I need them cut for a customer into individual stickers with the backing.

Tony Rome

Assuming you mean to cut them into individual squares with no backing showing. In which case butt them up top and bottom, left and right, with no white showing, and then print a hairline tick mark top and bottom of each column and left and right of each row.

Then, when you part them only cut from tick mark to tick mark and DO NOT slit all the way to and through the edge of the media. On a flat cutting surface cut all of the rows/columns and then cut all of the columns/rows. Again, do not cut all the way through the edge of the media, you want each individual decal to remain attached to the media in some way until you make the row or column cut that parts an entire column or row into individual decals. This way you can part an entire sheet with rows+1+columns+1 cuts.

Interesting, I will try this.
Thanks.