• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting twice...

bendeane

Not sure if this is a flexi issue or a graphtec issue, but my graphtec fc8000 is cutting twice over the area that I'm cutting. I'm cutting out simple graphics, white vinyl, created an outline of my file in flexi and sent to cutter. Flexi is set to one pass on the cut job. Is there a setting inside the graphtec menu that might have changed?

I just contour cut a print and cut job and it didn't do what I described above. Any suggestions?

tsgstl

I don't use that plotter but I have a few guesses:
If you didn't create the graphic and it was created in Illustrator sometimes it does funky things with outlines. Ungroup and break apart until you delete it and it is gone and then undu one time.
Are you just sending it to the plotter as a object or are you making a contour cut around each object and saving a cut file?
if this is a printed contour cut, check to see if the objects are closed. If it is a open graphic I have found flexi treats it as a outline at 0% and will cut it twice.

Draw a box and send it directly to the plotter and see what it does.

hope this helps

tsgstl

I'm cutting out simple graphics, white vinyl, created an outline of my file in flexi and sent to cutter.

this might be your problem, why are you cutting a outline at all? if you just want a simple graphic cut then just cut the simple graphic. No need to create a outline or if you need to make a outline to make it bigger make sure you are just cutting the outline. To be safe make the outline a obscure color and when you cut it make the plotter only cut that color in your production manager.

MikePro

+1 to it being outline-related.
we always delete/undo delete paths prior to production. doublecuts suck.

I try to make certain I send everything of mine to my cutter as black fill with no stroke, but sometimes I forget and a doublepath sneaks in.

Silver Star DC

it is for sure a Flexi issue. select your object you are trying to cut, then look at the fill/stroke editor box. on the fill tab you should see the color you have your object set to. on the stroke tab, you need to set that color to transparent. i don't know how many times i have done this, but you eventually start double checking it.

TwoNine

You may have 2 object stacked on top of one another??? Every time we get two cuts on top of one another that is always the issue...

Aklaim

In my experience, if you have a stroke set to anything other than center, you will get a double cut.

boxerbay

in illustrator the object in the file must be a fill not a stroke. if i send a stroke object to c800 using cutting master 2 it cuts on either edge of the stroke. depending on thickness of the stroke it may appear to be on the same spot.