• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cutting vinyl directly from X6 - question

SublimeGraphics

Hey Guys

We recently upgraded our computers and were forced to upgrade to Corel X6 because of Windows 8.

We have always cut vinyl directly from Corel Draw to our Roland plotters, however it seems in X6 you have to convert all text to curves to make it able to be plotted. There seems Corel has changed the way it deals with text in Corel Draw because if we open one of the files we created in X5 it has a box pop up and ask to update to the text to access new features.

If after opening an old file we DO NOT update the text we do not have to convert the text to curves to plot it.

Does anyone know a way around this issue?
thanks

OldPaint

sometimes the NEWEST LATEST GREATEST....makes it harder to get work done.
MY THINKING...........why do you need WINDOWS 8? then you wouldnt need corelX6....and you would be doing your work without a problem))))))))
get another computer, load it with XP -WIN7, COREL X3-X5.........and leave it alone.

SublimeGraphics

sometimes the NEWEST LATEST GREATEST....makes it harder to get work done.
MY THINKING...........why do you need WINDOWS 8? then you wouldnt need corelX6....and you would be doing your work without a problem))))))))
get another computer, load it with XP -WIN7, COREL X3-X5.........and leave it alone.

I agree with this statement, if i had researched before hand i would have made sure they came pre-loaded with windows 7 so we could continue to use X5.......but after spending waaaaaaaaay too much time setting 4 computers up and making them connect to the rest of the network correctly, I am not about to go through all of that again.