• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question CWT Laminator Maintenance?

mmblarg

Hey all - we have a laminating table from CWT that's a pretty heft piece of equipment and are looking for materials regarding maintenance.

Not so much an issue as possibly the start of one - the rolling arm of this beast is gradually getting harder to push and pull as well as making more noise.

We can't seem to find anything online about general maintenance (nor on CWT's website) and are curious if any of you have experience with this brand.

FatCat

We have a 1-year old CWT 1640, haven't noticed anything binding yet, but I would guess maybe checking the bearings on the underside to make sure they are clean and lubed would be where I would start first. Then maybe look at the bearings on the roller itself? Also, don't hesitate to call CWT - they've been great to deal with on our end and I am sure they can offer you tips on how to get your table back in shape.

ozzie2433

HI FatCat! It does sound like a bearing to me too. I appreciate your fast response.

mmblarg call me at my office 800.899.7883 and let's get this resolved.

Joe House

There are 3 bearing ways on each side under the table where the bearings run. Clean them off isopropyl alcohol, then wipe down with White Lithium Grease. If this doesn't fix it, then the bearings are replaceable, there's even a video on how to do that. And +1 on calling CWT for help - they're great.

ozzie2433

There are 3 bearing ways on each side under the table where the bearings run. Clean them off isopropyl alcohol, then wipe down with White Lithium Grease. If this doesn't fix it, then the bearings are replaceable, there's even a video on how to do that. And +1 on calling CWT for help - they're great.

mmblarg

Thank you everyone for the quick advice! I apologize for taking a few days to get back to this thread!

mmblarg

So, I can't seem to edit the original post, but in case anyone was curious about the results - replacing the bearing has fixed the issue! Thank you so much to everyone, especially CWT themselves for personally reaching out to us and resolving this little hiccup so quickly! The level of ease and customer care has been top notch - Thank you again!