• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CX-300 Cutting Problems

MagnumGraf-X

Getting rounded corners and sometimes the start stop points don't line up causing problems weeding. Mainly run Avery A-7 and some heat transfer material. New blade holder, cutting strip, blade. I've tried some different offsets with no luck. This is my second machine and I've always seemed to have some type of cutting problem with it.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii79/magnumgrafx/Outside_zpsd196552c.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii79/magnumgrafx/Inside_zpsbada4d86.jpg

These were from 3" letters

CS-SignSupply

What blade and offset value are you using?

Original OEM blade holder?

Take the blade holder out and then manually push the cuthead arm down until it feels like it bottoms out.... the gently push a little harder and see if the assembly moves down further...

If so, you may need to take a few covers and the Cut Carriage Board off to gain access to the brass/copper colored metal bracket that holds the two top wheels of the head to the rail.

Take it off and slightly bend at the crease marks to increase pressure on the cuthead wheels to the rail. Reassemble and try again.

MagnumGraf-X

I have a 60* blade, offset @ .250mm, I have had it all the way from 0 to .500 trying different cuts, .300 is pretty good except it rounds the corners but everything lines up. I did the brass tension and it was off, bent it slightly, seems to help but still off.

MagnumGraf-X

I stand corrected, my Flexi is 10.5. The blade holder is OEM, I sent to Roland because I was having problems, new cutter strip, blade holder, blade but didn't solve the problem. Been just dealing with it and finally decided I was going to try some things.