• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cyan and magenta overlapping printing

Mike77

Hi, hope someone can urgently assist me. On my roland sp540v the cyan and magenta overlaps on printing when doing a fill test pattern print and in a normal print it creates a cyan/magenta shadow. I’ve done head adjustments over and over again. Cleaned the encoder sensor and and and. Don’t know what else can be done. See attached pic of tests done after all the configuration etc. trying to sort out this problem. Thank you in advance. Michael

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    836.1 KB · Views: 288
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 271
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 269
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 242

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Your vertical alignment is way off. You need to do all of the alignments in order. Bias, vertical, horizontal, bi-directional default and then the user bi-directional. Just looking at the bias print you provided I can tell the vertical adjustment is off in a major way.

Mike77

Thank you for your quick reply. See attached is this the vertical adjustment you referring to. This was my last test print when doing the adjustmenst.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 245

Mike77

As per the manual and vertica test print it looks fine the magenta and black line are matching up unless I’m missing something. Tx

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It looks like you are missing a nozzle on the very bottom of the head which makes the alignment seem right but it isn't. You did it right but without that last nozzle, it's hard to tell where to line it up. You need to make it so the top of the magenta is aligned with the top of the black. That should do the trick although that missing nozzle might show streaking in the prints.

Mike77

Your vertical alignment is way off. You need to do all of the alignments in order. Bias, vertical, horizontal, bi-directional default and then the user bi-directional. Just looking at the bias print you provided I can tell the vertical adjustment is off in a major way.

Just did a vertical test print see results. Lines are in line. Any suggestions?
It looks like you are missing a nozzle on the very bottom of the head which makes the alignment seem right but it isn't. You did it right but without that last nozzle, it's hard to tell where to line it up. You need to make it so the top of the magenta is aligned with the top of the black. That should do the trick although that missing nozzle might show streaking in the prints.
Tx a mil seems like it’s sorted. The vertical line have to match from the bottom up not the top to bottom. There’s still like a nozzle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 227

Mike77

Just update the problem is sorted about 99% stil a slight variation but I can’t set it anymore. Appreciate the help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 225