• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cyan ink won't print

ColumbiaValley

Hi,
I have a Roland sp540v. Started having issues with printing cyan after July long weekend. I have replaced the printhead and dampers. I did all the head alignments and the test prints were good. It printed one file well, it was mainly cyan. Then went to do another print and three quarters of the way through the print it stopped printing cyan again. I put it in service mode and I noticed that it looked like there was no ink in the line. Have done a powerful cleaning while in service mode and I could see the ink fill the line. I will be calling a technician tomorrow but just hoping someone could give me an idea on what is happening.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You probably have a bad damper. Ink drop out is pretty easy to diagnose and the tech should be in and out fairly quickly.

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
I would suggest replacing the new damper. You can get one that's bad from the start. Cheaper than paying for that travel time.

netsol

would ink come out at the air leak?
not normally
just enough of a leak that it is easier to pull some air around a seal rather than pull against the resistance of the ink

you can take a syringe and pull some more ink through (solvent inkjet has the best tapered syringes) or use one of these:

i have no patience with the ink trying to pull back, so i use the above. the syringes do work perfectly well