• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Cyan not firing

Nismoasfuh

Well it seems like every day there’s a new problem with my sp540v. I was running a job when the color suddenly the artwork turned from green to brown. I canceled the job, did a test print only to see that cyan was not firing. Did a couple medium head cleanings and a couple ticks appeared but still not firing how it should. It was working fine, and before anyone asks, yes, it had new cap tops / dampers / wipers installed a couple weeks ago. I did notice there was a spot of blue on some media after the initial jobs were printed earlier in the day. Can it be a leak? Everything looked clean inside.
713f570215c18acca33a6aae7869c8ad.jpg

Customprinted

Looks like an air problem, like you lost pressure or arw leaking air from the pump/waste
Well it seems like every day there’s a new problem with my sp540v. I was running a job when the color suddenly the artwork turned from green to brown. I canceled the job, did a test print only to see that cyan was not firing. Did a couple medium head cleanings and a couple ticks appeared but still not firing how it should. It was working fine, and before anyone asks, yes, it had new cap tops / dampers / wipers installed a couple weeks ago. I did notice there was a spot of blue on some media after the initial jobs were printed earlier in the day. Can it be a leak? Everything looked clean inside.
713f570215c18acca33a6aae7869c8ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Nismoasfuh

Looks like an air problem, like you lost pressure or arw leaking air from the pump/waste

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Makes sense, thanks for the reply! I guess I’ll take another look in the morning, going to have to call the tech again regardless to fix it, whatever it is. I wish I can just tackle these problems by myself already.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Have you ever used a syringe to pull the air out of the line?

Best and easiest thing you could learn before bringing a tech in.

rjssigns

Could have bumped one of the ribbon cables or bent a pin on one of them when changing dampers and other components.

Nismoasfuh

Could be a broken manifold on the cyan channel?!?

(UPDATE/FIXED)Thankfully not! I had heard that might be a problem. (Bare with me as I’m learning all about this machine with time) Tech came in and disconnected the line with black ink that splits the 2 ink lines into 1 via a nipple. At first the tech said that the line was not snug in the nipple so he trimmed a small piece to make it more snug. He then realized that if that was the problem, then black wouldn’t be firing either. In the end he basically just drained ink out of that black line with a syringe and pressed down on the cyan damper a couple times and BAM! Up and running again. The tech mentioned that I’m missing a piece called a “damper plate” which basically rests on top of the dampers, he suggested a make a piece myself out of thin aluminum and use the existing holes to screw it into place. I’m very lucky to have such a knowledgable tech who is very honest and trustworthy. Hopefully with enough time/experience I can diagnose and tackle these problems myself in the future. You guys on signs101 have also been so knowledgeable and considerate, can’t thank you guys enough for the wonderful insight! I’ll definitely keep at it in hopes to contribute to this great forum.