• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Cyan over spraying in 1624

Ahmed Samy Nagada

I'm running 3 printer Mutoh 1624, Wasatch Rip and Mutoh UMS ink, suddenly one printer started over sparying cyan specially where there is high contrast in the printed image. What ever the media, whatever the file.
Nozzels check is perfect, encoder clean, capping station new, every thing that can possibly cause this problem is checked. Appreciate your thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_0333.JPG
    IMG_0333.JPG
    849.5 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0334.JPG
    IMG_0334.JPG
    777.3 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_0335.JPG
    IMG_0335.JPG
    457.4 KB · Views: 269

SubliTWILL

Just had this same problem with my 1628x (magenta though) and I can tell you that it is the printhead.

I did a head soak, then a nozzle check and what appeared to be a perfect check to me, I took pics of and forwarded to four different tech reps. All came back with the identical answer as the next.

Best of luck!

Ahmed Samy Nagada

"All came back with the identical answer as the next."
Do you mean next PRINTHEAD, even if the current printhead had less than 20,000 sqf

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It could also be a bad print head cable, trailing cables and/or a bad board but in my experience it's almost always the head. I usually change the head cables to rule that out and then change the head if that doesn't work. Once in a great while it end up being a bad head board or main board but it's very rare.

Mrgood

Mutoh UMS ink using open bulk system.
Then i'm sorry there is no help, you have to replace head. only thing that i have noticed that spraying is lover on the larger dot profiles.
After head replace i recomend to use 1l ink bag closed system.

Also you can do the nozzlecheck from maintenance mode and you will notice lot of problems with cyan chanells.

Ahmed Samy Nagada

Then i'm sorry there is no help, you have to replace head. only thing that i have noticed that spraying is lover on the larger dot profiles.
After head replace i recomend to use 1l ink bag closed system.
Do you meen that open ink system contaminates the ((Cyan)) ink ?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Mrgood's suggestion of going to a sealed ink bag bulk system is good advise (or going to cartridges).
Open ink systems get some contamination in ALL the ink colors and also get additional gas in the inks. Open systems also introduce pressure issues and problems. When inks are produced they are run in a vacuum machine which is known as de-gassing. They are then packaged. When they from that point never come out of an ink bag the inks are never exposed to air in any way so zero possibilities of contamination, and no gasses (air) can be introduced. In an open tank - there is air above the ink. When you spill some ink what happens to it, literally within minutes? As it is exposed to air the solvents evaporate out and it begins to cure immediately. if you think that does not happen at all in an open ink tank type bulk setup you should rethink things. On the issues with pressures - as an ink bag collapses it just empties out and all is good and this is the same with cartridges or sealed ink bag type bulk setups. With any type of open bulk setup it is inevitable that as the levels go up and down, floats like some setups use move up and down, the physical location of the tanks, etc ALL cause fluctuations in the pressures in the ink system. That being said if a machine was designed from the manufacturer with an open style bulk system than those issues were accounted for and engineered into the system by the manufacturer of the machine.

Aside from that I agree 100% with the others. In my 15 or so years of running wide format solvent ink machines with epson heads, if a channel starts misting like that, 95% or better odds that the printhead is simply worn out and needs to be replaced. Sometimes a head just does not last as long as others too which can be due to slightly lower quality head from manufacturing to slightly thicker ink viscosity which means the head has to work much harder to jet the ink. The thicker viscosity is generally due to lower quality aftermarket inks, ink exposure to air in open type bulk ink systems, and ink that is gone past its ideal date to be used by.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
We had a problem with magenta like that on one printer. Only happened in the winter and after months of trouble shooting it came back to static. One head was more susceptible, don't know why. You could always try raising the humidity level in your print room. Our short term fix was a spray bottle with water to raise the room humidity. Obviously don't spray your material.

unmateria

Look the roll bar holder. Look that little metal tabs. They have to touch the bar. If It doesnt solve the problem, try print on a normal paper. If the problem is still there, be sure every metal tab on the head is touching, and head carriage bearings are clean to help grounding. I have had that problem MANY times... Its not a head dead but its true that i dont remember exactly what i have done to solve It lol
fdc443c3e3655db9e6f8b4ce32f4862f.jpg

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6 mediante Tapatalk