• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cyan overspray - gotta finish a print for tomorrow

wwpro

hi there

I have an annoying problem with the cyan over spraying on my prints. Was reading about another user with a similar problem and tried everything that was suggested there with no improvement.

I'm using Versaworks (up-to-date) and a SP300V with OEM inks. Did a manual cleaning, checked for lint and there's nothing I can see.

Attaching test print pic and a few images so you can see what's wrong and try to help me get this fixed

thanks as usual folks !

Attachments

• cyan-1.jpg
    cyan-1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 209
  • cyan-2.jpg
    cyan-2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 169
  • cyan-3.jpg
    cyan-3.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 195
  • cyan-4.jpg
    cyan-4.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 175
  • cyan-5.jpg
    cyan-5.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 166

wwpro

Well, that thing in the images happened printing in Standard quality , I made a test on high speed and printed like a dream. What's the deal ?

artbot

i had some overspraying disappear that was plaguing my printer for months by upgrading the firmware. also, to tests comparing variable dot vs non-variable dot rips.

4R Graphics

Not sure we had similar problems with our old JV3 printed like crap unless it was highspeed never could figure it out but hey if you get good prints at high speed why slow down. Time is money.

wwpro

I don't know, it can be a profile problem, because I've printed vinyl on high speed with banding on the black, and this banner was a mess with cyan all over it in standard quality, but it printed great with really dark black, zero banding ay high speed.

Some other jobs with vinyl had some issues with banding too, so gotta keep trying profiles and learn how to tune the machine, and then learn how to fine-tune it :)

Service mode

With Sub power off press quickly
down
right
left
up
right
down
left
THEN press and hold
left down right
then sub power on

Write it down on a post-it and wedge somewhere in your printer

the graphics co

This looks like a profile issue, your test print looks perfect so i don't think it is a problem with the machine.

Did you try a few different banner profiles in versa-works?

artbot

on machines with voltage related overspray, the test print will be perfect. test prints are non-variable so that you can get a good look a the nozzles. that's it.

jbogart

We've had similar problems with our Roland printers on occassion. On the Sc-540, we detrmined that the encoder strip was dirty. On our SJ-1000, it was a profile problem.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks like plain ol' static to me.

What's your head height set at and what are the air conditions where you're at ?? You are pretty far south of most of us.

wwpro

Thanks for the reminder, but it have it printed and it's on the top of the control panel, just in case I need it.

I don't use the service menu as much as I should because I can do more damage than good, we're still "getting to know each other" :)

Service mode

With Sub power off press quickly
down
right
left
up
right
down
left
THEN press and hold
left down right
then sub power on

Write it down on a post-it and wedge somewhere in your printer

wwpro

Gino, I thought it could be static too, but not sure.
Is winter here, I have an AC unit in the shop but I keep it at around 22 Celsius, and the humidity is high this time of the year but the AC kinda compensate for that.

I taped a few dryer sheets touching the media in the back, and I need to properly ground the machine which I have no idea how to do it. If some of you can tell me how to run a wire ground properly I'd do it tonight

artbot

the best way to tell if you do or do not have a static issue is to get a piece of media that is giving you the issue. get a piece of soft cloth and agressively wipe half of it. the area you wipe will run vertical to the direction of the print. not do a test print. by wiping the media, you are knocking off any charge while leaving it on the other side. do a test print that runs across both wiped and unwiped portions of the test piece. if they both look fine, no static. if the unwiped side shows issues... you have a static issue in the shop.