• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Help Cyrious software

I have been in business for 3 years now added employees, and business has grown. The day to day job management is becoming an issue, from estimating, project management, meeting deadlines. I'm in the market for a system to he'll me mainstream this. actually I'm using quickbooks for estimating, and trello for job management, but jobs still fall thru the cracks. Any suggestions before I loose my mind, lol

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Ken M. Klein

We used EstiMate and have had it for years. Our objective was consistent pricing and a professional-looking quotation. EstiMate filled the bill perfectly for us. I didn't need project management help.

Megagrafix

President
We use estimate also. It is very easy to set up and very easy to operate. The only drawback is that they don’t update it. I am now looking at a new software from Ordant, cloud based. Very flexible. Has anyone else heard of this?

We use estimate also. It is very easy to set up and very easy to operate. The only drawback is that they don’t update it. I am now looking at a new software from Ordant, cloud based. Very flexible. Has anyone else heard of this?
to be honest I am looking at a few options:
SignVox
Estimate
Sign tracker
Cyrious
Casper sign
TQT
Cyrious just stuck out because is the more complete one and can handle small business as well as big business, so as I grow ( that is in an ideal world), I would not have to be changing software and retraining the team. Just want to make the rigth choice once maybe that's why it's taking me so long to dicide.

to be honest I am looking at a few options:
SignVox
Estimate
Sign tracker
Cyrious
Casper sign
TQT
Cyrious just stuck out because is the more complete one and can handle small business as well as big business, so as I grow ( that is in an ideal world), I would not have to be changing software and retraining the team. Just want to make the rigth choice once maybe that's why it's taking me so long to dicide.

but have not heard from Ordant, another one to add to research list, lol

Megagrafix

President
You oh it to yourself to get a demo from or dad. It is somewhat pricey but complete, flexible and it has a CRM module and integrates with QuickBooks

printhog

Cyrious made a +15% difference in recovering upcharges that we were missing in quoting.. but we never implemented the marketing hoo hah and other functions.. but staff had to learn it..

JJM7288

We've used Cyrious SMS and Control for seventeen years now, wouldn't want to be without it. Control does take time to implement but well worth the investment.

Cyrious made a +15% difference in recovering upcharges that we were missing in quoting.. but we never implemented the marketing hoo hah and other functions.. but staff had to learn it..
thanks I appreciate your input. I am leaning between cyrious and shopbox

kanini

We have switched from Estimate to ShopVOX and been using it for around 6-8 months. As with all these systems there's a time consuming startup phase but the more we use ShopVOX the more we like it. Now production management is smoother and I feel it has reduced stress overall in the company. We are only 4 ppl so far but it has the potential to grow with us if we grow. The positives with SV is that you have really good overview of what's going on in your business, managing production etc. and is really a good tool for managing workflow. Customer support is excellent, you get quick response to any questions and the guides when you start is fenomenal, you really feel taken care of and that you are important to them. ShopVOX really feels modern and the GUI feels up to date. The quoting maybe needs a bit fine tuning to be easier to use in my opinion but works fairly well, probably better and better as we get more products and items set up. The minuses in my opinion is the invoicing part if you use a 3rd party accounting/invoicing software (we can't use Quickbooks in Europe), you need to do a bit of manual work/extra steps after the sales order/job is completed.
Overall I can definately recommend ShopVOX if you are determined to switch over to a system like that.

Ready

Ready To Go
As a Cyrious user for over 10 years, I recommend Cyrious. Comes with your sign pricing data base already established, and you can easily modify it to your market place and needs.
Bob P

Bigdawg

Just Me
As a Cyrious user for over 10 years, I recommend Cyrious. Comes with your sign pricing data base already established, and you can easily modify it to your market place and needs.
Bob P

Hi Bob (waving from across the Skyway in Sarasota).

To the OP - we've used Cyrious for about 10 years too - the stock pricing included in the setup didn't come anywhere near the pricing for our market here. There is a lot of setup to it, but once it's there it is easy to update when material or market pricing changes.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
The picture framing industry and the art gallery industry make a rather heavy use of the Filemaker platform. The picture frame manufacturers provide a simple one-button price / cost update to the application regularly. Another common one-button step is to export data from the Filemaker solution to accounting apps such as QuickBooks.

You might take a look at..

JobProCentral.com is a demo and is awesome enough for airplane factories.

FMStartingPoint.com is free and unlocked enabling customization (which they prefer)

Many options for you.

DerbyCitySignGuy

Used Cyrious at two different companies and would recommend it. It has a fairly steep learning curve if you want to manage every last detail of the software, but it's VERY robust. Most CSRs and sales staff can be up to speed within a couple hours and do what they need to do.

Used Cyrious at two different companies and would recommend it. It has a fairly steep learning curve if you want to manage every last detail of the software, but it's VERY robust. Most CSRs and sales staff can be up to speed within a couple hours and do what they need to do.
thank you sir, I appreciate your input

So I pulled the trigger and decided to go with Shopvox. The purchase happened 2 weeks ago, and you were rigth the set up process is very tedious. I have to be honest it's been a little overwhelming. I wish the tech support was a little faster than it has been. I wish I could actually talk to a person on the other end. I feel if they walk me throu specific stages like how set up everything from products, materials types for one single item like banners for example I would grasp the process. i just don't know were to start because everything seems to be a cobweb, smh.
Help!!!!

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
i just don't know were to start

Ducks in a row…

The first step (which seems many people do not sufficiently accomplish) is to create a single list of materials, machines, and services. The second step is to notice how the list should be grouped and optimized*. The list may start as a text document but should evolve into a spreadsheet where it will ultimately become a table in a database. The table will use a simple but strict structure of discrete column names (attributes) and unique row (record) identifiers of a number and material name combination of (usually) up to three primary attributes; category, nomenclature, size / color, etc., e.g., Substrate/Gatorfoam/1x48x96 black.

* Where I feel some of the solution providers are failing in their effort toward customer satisfaction. They’re not adequately explaining and helping enough with this task.

It's not uncommon to have upwards of 1000 materials in the final table but realize the vast majority are just variations of the root material. Same goes for the final table of Products / Services.

You probably already have these lists in some shape or form, correct? Let's see a short sample (4-5 items) of what your existing materials list looks like. The Products table will be dependent upon the Materials (or whatever name they've called it) table.