• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

D140 vs fc7000 vs newer summas

SameDay Signs

Currently using an fc7000 and no complaints other then being older .... we use it for 90% contour cutting and very little cut vinyl...have a chance to snag a used summa d140 for the low and wondering if someone can compare speed and accuracy for the contour cutting.....my graphtec is a workhorse but not flex cutting is something I'd like to change...I have looked I to the newer summas just cant decide to buy one for the price when the new fc8600 is only 6k as it is....anyone compare these for me? Basically if theres no accuracy difference and no real speed difference with the d140 and fc7000 no point in changing I do know the new summas are better but dont know if I'm wanting to spend that much cash being I am paying in full

Thanks for the help

Last edited:

RavenSigns

If you don’t have any complaints from the FC7000’s performance, I’d say don’t fix it if it ain’t broken.

If you want better performance, Summa’s S series track better, and respond better to mid sheet deformations with additional registration marks, and the T series are at the top of the food chain. If you are paying cash, you can actually find pretty decent deals on used Mk1 T series.

Last edited:

RG

I had also used a FC7000 for many years. A couple of months ago I bought a D120 from Grimco ($3900). Once I calibrated it, it contour cuts dead on, much better than the Graphted. It also puts registration marks about every 12 inches, which has to help with the accuracy. Any body in the market for a FC7000-75?