• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question D60R cutting head

Fivos Tsiplakis

Hi guys and gals. This is my first post, i was searching for info on google about a problem i'm having with the cutting head of a d60r and found this forum. The problem is that the blade is not moving down as soon as the vinyl starts to move so the blade is not cutting from the beggining of the curve and is leaving uncut about 1 centimeter from the starting point. It seams that the blade holder lags to move down for a sec when it starts to cut. This is happening only in the first curve of the design. The rest of the curves are getting cut fine without gaps. Anybody had this issue before? Thanks

Attila Nagy

I used to have this fault with older summa cutters. There was a small rubber pad in the head. the up limit screw hits it in up position. The screw hits a hole into the rubber and stack in it.

Fivos Tsiplakis

I used to have this fault with older summa cutters. There was a small rubber pad in the head. the up limit screw hits it in up position. The screw hits a hole into the rubber and stack in it.

I have read that before and i also saw a video on youtube about it, but my cutting head isn't the same design as i saw in the video. I removed the cover of the cutting head to see how it is but i can't find somethingthat can cause that. Maybe is not visible from the front side. Is there a service/maintenance manual?

Fivos Tsiplakis

But it feels that this is the case, because if you press down the blade holder with your finger you can feel a small resistance at the beggining and then goes all the way down without any resistance

Fivos Tsiplakis

As i mentioned above i have seen that video but i also said that my cutting head has a different design and that's why i asked. I know putting oil is going to make it worse.