Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damaged Banner Cores

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by trainwreck, Dec 11, 2019.

1. trainwreck

trainwreck New Member

Feb 1, 2013
    USA
    In running high volume banners, I keep running into damaged banner cores. The more severe damage prevents us from sliding the roll of banner onto the printers' spindle.

I'm looking for a tool that will allow me to repair the inside of the damaged cores so I don't have to exchange rolls. Something along the lines of using a hole saw with a really long extension or some type of honing tool.

Suggestions? I run up to 126" widths.
    Thank you

2. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    I get many of those...I just return the roll and get a new one.
    I got a BRAND NEW roll of 3M Laminate the other day that looked like the whole thing was bent in half. But the box was fine. Had to have been damaged at the factory.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

:welcome: 2 :signs101smilie:

4. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    Besides building a cone shaped tool to gradually reshape the core, best bet is to return it. I've gotten some where the boxes have been fine but the core was bad. Keep sending them back.

5. flyplainsdrifta

flyplainsdrifta Active Member

Oct 13, 2017
    ct
    Nothing you can do about the broken core unfortunately. dealt with quite a few of those. send it back or re- core it if you are in a pinch. done it once or twice. obviously not ideal but it is do-able.

6. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    We just send them back. The companies usually blame the couriers. We had a pallet of poster paper delivered the other day that had clearly been sitting in the rain for at least 6 hours. It was soaked. We just refuse anything that looks damaged or wet.

used to happen a lot more than it does now, I guess they take extra care now when sending stuff out because they know we just won’t accept it.