• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

damaging oem paint with wrapp

Xcesiv

Other than actually taking a blade to the paint of a car is there any procedures of a vehicle wrap that could possibly cause damage to a factory paint job

Things like
* paint peeling
* clear coat peeling
* painmt cracking
Etc

Now I'm talking OEM factoiry paint. I won't worranty any wraps that is proven to have aftermarket paint

CheapVehicleWrap

There are many ways to cause permanent damage. We add a little something to every vehicle. Call it a signature if you will. But I can't just be giving out a list of trade secrets now can I?

Xcesiv

Other than cutting the paint with the knif and applying extreme heat to the panels what else could someone do to damage the paint?

Custom_Grafx

Other than actually taking a blade to the paint of a car is there any procedures of a vehicle wrap that could possibly cause damage to a factory paint job

Things like
* paint peeling
* clear coat peeling
* painmt cracking
Etc

Now I'm talking OEM factoiry paint. I won't worranty any wraps that is proven to have aftermarket paint

Depends on the installer and/or material.

Right installer/material, no damage.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Chemical cleaning could possible do something. But technically the vinyl doesn't hurt the paint. If the paint is already poorly attached to the metal...the vinyl could pull it away (happens on older van hood lips often) But it's not the vinyl that did it.