• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dampers Wont Fill....pics attached

OneUpTenn

So the one side (3 colors) will print but the other side (the other 3 colors) would not. I could not pull ink through that side and so I thought it may be the dampers. So I replaced them. But they wont fill when running an ink fill. and I still cant pull ink through the lines even with the new dampers.

On the one picture of the tubing...it looks like those are clots, however they are not clots or clogs they are just liquid pools.

I also included a pic of the capping station in case this means anything.

Please help me with my next step in getting this fixed.

What should I try next?

Attachments

• 2011-12-21_10-32-42_779.jpg
    2011-12-21_10-32-42_779.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 2011-12-21_10-32-55_681.jpg
    2011-12-21_10-32-55_681.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 2011-12-21_10-33-09_160.jpg
    2011-12-21_10-33-09_160.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 2011-12-21_10-33-31_717.jpg
    2011-12-21_10-33-31_717.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 2011-12-21_10-33-54_560.jpg
    2011-12-21_10-33-54_560.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 139

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
If the dampers are not filling....
The lines may be plugged up after the pumps.
may not be getting a seal on the capping station.
lines may be leaking in pump.(replace pump)

Use a syringe to pull ink up and to check the lines for clogs.

How old is the machine? What kind of use does it see?

CS-SignSupply

Can you disconnect the damper and pull ink through the line? This eliminates the clog or clot issue.

If this works, connect the damper and try to pull through the damper. Usually pushed a soft tube to the end of the damper and pulling gently with a syringe will work.

If this works and the damper gets ink in it, then you might have a cracked manifold on the head.

sfr table hockey

It looks like the same capping station as on the old Rolands.

First use a syringe and attach to that captop and with the heads in place on the capping station can you draw ink?
Does the syring create a suction and want to pull back in?
Check those clear lines that run from under the captops and see if they are all attached and not creating an air leak or that small rec box that seats against the flat area when the heads are parked.

Also make sure the captop nib (where the pump line connects to) is not plugged. Most times the drain line plugs and causes this or it is possible for a hole to wear in the tube that runs through the pump.

To check that attach a syringe to the end where it connects to the captop and then if you can squeeze the tube right before the drain bottle to block the opening and create pressure in that line by gently forcing air into the line and listen for an air leak in the pump. Basically if you don't feel pressure there may be a hole or crack. Pumps can be re threaded if you have spare tubing.

OneUpTenn

The machine is approx 5 years old and prob averages one print job a week....

Why do you say replace the capping station?

Okay I am gonna try these things but it will prob take a while...I will get back with you...you can bet on it....haha

Thanks so much and I will update,

CS-SignSupply

The cap station pads look slightly swollen and are Black on both sides... you should be able to see corresponding colors of ink to match the head... unless you have flooded them with cleaning solution and therefore mixed the colors.

OneUpTenn

The cap station pads look slightly swollen and are Black on both sides... you should be able to see corresponding colors of ink to match the head... unless you have flooded them with cleaning solution and therefore mixed the colors.

I def flooded them with cleaning solution when first trying to resolve the issue.