• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

data matrix generator

whynotcw

hi, I have a customer who need data matrix sticker
I generate them online, I can scan them on my iphone no problem
but my customer can't scan it with his usb scanner. he already have data matrix sticker on his truck 6x6 inches, i made mine 6x6 but it don't work
is there something I am missing to make it work?
thanks

bannertime

There are different types of data matrix(s). They can have a different encoding factor(ASCII, Text, x12, etc) and a different size, like 6 modules across vs 20 modules across. What are you using to create it? Look at the one he has success scanning, count the "blocks" going across in one direction and use that to set the size. Then you may need to determine if his scanner has a set encoding preference. Also, just in case, they are different than QR codes.

whynotcw

i made them 5.5 x 5.5 inches like the one on the truck. tried matte, gloss, matte lam, gloss lam. just can't scan it

jfiscus

Rap Master
post a photo of you non-working decal. is there sufficient white space around the outside of the black area?

jfiscus

Rap Master
Be careful using online generators, as a lot of the time they go through a "proxy" of their own to get you to the info and track you. Also, if their proxy/site ever goes down all your decals are now junk. A customer of ours had a hot air balloon "printed" with a QR code they made through an online generator. The site went out of business, so now their hot air balloon QR code no longer works!

whynotcw

ok but where I can make them? mine look exactly the same as the one on the truck. I left 1/2 around the print.