• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DC4sx Color Control Question

ruckstande

To print from Flexi or Corel Draw is the Color Control Software Required? We don't have a dongle and would like to not buy one if at all possible. Thanks.

jayhawksigns

Flexi no, CorelDraw yes.

Actually with Flexi it depends on your version, but with as bad of a job as it does, Flexi Production Manager will drive the DS4sx. CorelDraw just exports a file that you can print using ColorControl.

ruckstande

Flexi no, CorelDraw yes.

Actually with Flexi it depends on your version, but with as bad of a job as it does, Flexi Production Manager will drive the DS4sx. CorelDraw just exports a file that you can print using ColorControl.

Why do you say Flexi does a bad job? Is there any other way you might recommend outputting to this machine without the dongle? Thank you.

jayhawksigns

From my experience, when you look at two prints from a Summa printer, with one ran through their ColorControl software and the other Flexi, CC just looks better. The way that Flexi rips has never looked as good. Not that it isn't usable, just not as good side by side.

It also doesn't help that they treat the Summas like red-headed step kids.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi Ruckstande,

Just wanted to confirm what Jayhawk said about the dongle being required to run the ColorControl RIP. The color profiling for the DC3/4/5 in Flexi is poor in comparison to the profiles in ColorControl which are made specifically to work with the DC3/4/5 so process printing may be poor in comparison to using ColorControl. I believe Flexi also doesn't have the full spot color palette so you may not be able to use certain spot colors(could be wrong on that). If you are the original owner of the DC4sx and simply lost the dongle we have a discounted dongle replacement program where we could save you some money on the cost of the replacement dongle. We also have a discounted option to replace the dongle if it has been damaged or destroyed. Feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss options. My email is philj@summa.us and my phone number is (800)527-7778, ext 112.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.

ruckstande

Hi Ruckstande,

Just wanted to confirm what Jayhawk said about the dongle being required to run the ColorControl RIP. The color profiling for the DC3/4/5 in Flexi is poor in comparison to the profiles in ColorControl which are made specifically to work with the DC3/4/5 so process printing may be poor in comparison to using ColorControl. I believe Flexi also doesn't have the full spot color palette so you may not be able to use certain spot colors(could be wrong on that). If you are the original owner of the DC4sx and simply lost the dongle we have a discounted dongle replacement program where we could save you some money on the cost of the replacement dongle. We also have a discounted option to replace the dongle if it has been damaged or destroyed. Feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss options. My email is philj@summa.us and my phone number is (800)527-7778, ext 112.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.
Thanks, unfortunately the machine is not ours. It's basically loaned to us. The conditions of which I do not understand. We were never given a dongle and the owner doesn't know where it is. My boss has no interest in buying one sadly.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Bummer! Well, at least you can output jobs through Flexi. Ironically I was working with another client of mine who has a DC5 and they are also using Flexi and it looks like they have an updated color palette available in the latest version of Print & Cut with all the different spot colors. So, you should at least be able to use all the spot colors if you wanted to. Feel free to contact our support team at (800)323-9766 if you have any other questions about your DC4sx.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.