• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

demo of sign lab 8

chopper

I tried a demo version of 8, and after it was loaded it changed all the icons on my designs, even though I never loaded them into version 8,
also while I am using version 7.1 if I want to make copies or alter a design
I receive an error pallet not available or not found etc...
I do not know if there are any other problems from this yet but I thought I would give you a heads up, if you want to try it do not load it on the same machine that you have your design software on!!!
//chopper

Service Sign Co

I don't think it hurts anything. I loaded Autocad and all of my files changed from Gerber tp PLT. Everything still worked just fine

chopper

while I am using version 7.1 if I want to make copies or alter a design
I receive an error pallet not available or not found etc...
I am having problems, I just don't know to what extent yet
//chopper

Urq

No not good at all! I am going to watch this thread because I was thinking about 8.1 as well?
Please keep us informed.

chopper

the problems that I am having are not with version 8 so to speak,
the problems are with 7.1 after I loaded the demo of version 8,
I think sign lab is a great product just wanted to let you all know that you may not want to load the demo on the same computer that you are running the older version on to prevent you from having problems....
that is all...//chopper

signage

Chopper have you gone to Signlabs web site and posted this problem? I think if there is a problem some one would let you know how to get it corrected! I don't think Signlab wants people to not be able to try 8 and still use their older version!

chopper

Chopper have you gone to Signlabs web site and posted this problem? I think if there is a problem some one would let you know how to get it corrected! I don't think Signlab wants people to not be able to try 8 and still use their older version!
I have posted this problem but I don't think I will get a response till Monday
or so //chopper

chopper

I f you uninstall the demo does everything go back to normal ?
I am not sure it seems to not have the color pallet problem, but I have not used it much to know for sure, but the icons for my designs have changed but not back to what they were, I think it is kinda weird that my design icons changed and I never loaded them into the program, so the best that I can come up with is it must replace or share files with my sign lab 7.1, which kinda scares me if any other problems will occur...//chopper

signage

Chopper what you may wand to do is right click on a file with the CDL file and see what program it shows to open with, All you may ned to do is change back to Signlab 7.1.

chopper

hey Brian your one sharp cookie, I changed one file back to sign lab 7.1 and they all changed wooo hooo I think I am back to normal....well as normal as I get anyway //chopper

signage

As far as pallets they are also listed in the folder view under which ever version. I think what is happening is that when you installed the demo it is now wanting to open with 8! Let me know it that worked or not, also What I would do is to copy one of the order files to some other directory and try it so if this doesn't work that you do not hose your original file! Hope this helps!

signage

Glad I could help! That is what this forum is good for! Rep I can't believe you didn't recommend this, I know you are knowledgeable!

Rod

Installing the SignLab 8 Demo

Chopper said:
hey Brian your one sharp cookie, I changed one file back to sign lab 7.1 and they all changed wooo hooo I think I am back to normal....well as normal as I get anyway //chopper

Just the same, I'll let the Q/A people know to consider the icon and palette settings.

For that palette issue, I trust that you DID NOT install the demo into your SignLab 7.1 install directory. The demo should be installed in it's own directory, so that its files remain distinct from your full install.

Can you tell me whether you installed from a demo CD, or from the CADlink demo download?

Regards,

Rod at CADlink