Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denver Area Shooting!

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by StarSign, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarSign

StarSign Active Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Southern Utah
    I hope you are all safe, what the **$^%&$*# is going on in this country!??!

Tags:
  2. a by product of a poorly parented kid, a growing problem in this country.

I'm all for gun rights, but situations like this are going to make it harder and harder.

Colorado has virtually no laws restricting hand gun or rifle purchases.

You have to pass a test to be able to drive in every state in the Union, you should have to pass some sort of test to buy a weapon of mass destruction.....

3. StarSign

StarSign Active Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Southern Utah
    It just amazes me how available some things are.....I had gas, this soda oh yeah can you throw in a bullet proof vest and a couple cans of tear gas, thanks.

4. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    There's some seriously messed up people in this world.

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    It's sad...very close to the exact same community that delt with the shootings at Columbine too...just sick people that need help.

6. ColoPrinthead

ColoPrinthead Swollen Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Donkeytown, Colorado
    Really, really lame. I thought about catching the movie about around 10, very glad I stayed home.

7. Coloradosigns

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    at that theater? One of my guys lives right next to that, and goes to that theater weekly.. He would have probably went if his add and brother wasn't visiting.... crazy

8. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    this is why i rent movies.

9. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    Driving is a privilege that can be granted or denied via the whim of the apparatus. Possessing firearms is a right and is not subject to the vagaries of government.

10. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    Why every American should think of carrying a gun.

Now I must admit carrying one into a fun place like a movie theater probably would not.

But now this has happen changed my mind.

Believe gun training should be part of school or required somehow. believe every person should serve the government in someway, learning gun handling/safety

Could lives be saved had more people packed a gun..? yeah knows will never know but makes ya wonder.

11. Coloradosigns

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    Pro Guns vs no guns flame ware incoming.

12. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    Crazy times we are living in, earlier in the week we had 2 people killed and 22 injured at a BBQ in Toronto, the next day another shooting killing 1 in Toronto again, now this!

13. sar bossier

sar bossier Very Active Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Sad, and very tragic ... I, too wait for movies to be released to dvd, don't like crowds, and most theaters are like planes - too close together and uncomfortable seats, I can lounge in the recliner @ home ... in jammies ....

14. ColoPrinthead

ColoPrinthead Swollen Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Donkeytown, Colorado
    The 10pm news said that all of the Denver theaters were sold out. I live near Hampden and 25 so its very likely I would have gone to Aurora if I hadn't decided to stay home.

Time for everyone to start wearing guns on their hips . . .

15. xxaxx

xxaxx Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    My wife and I usually go to that theater ... a lot of times for the midnight releases ... it was really lucky we weren't there last night cause I have family in town, scary stuff. We have received so many texts and phone calls this morning.

16. signworldusinc

signworldusinc Merchant Member

May 16, 2012
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    what is crazy in all of this is I grew up there and went to high school there. That theater was down the street walking distance. But I dont know whats wrong with people these days? Shooting innocent people up. Seems like he dropped out of med school last month. Grew up in SD and the news said it was a wealthy area.
    My prayers go out to all the friends and family of the victims

17. edgette

edgette Member

Jul 12, 2010
    I believe if people choose to carry they should be armed at the highest rate possible. For myself I would say 95% of the time if I am going anywhere I have a gun on me. If we could predict when things like this would happen we wouldn't go but since we can't I'll give myself and my family a fighting chance against the bad guys.

18. SD&F

SD&F Very Active Member

Oct 4, 2009
    I think that if we all carry guns for protection we would have wiped this guy out before he had a chance to do the damage he has done. I can't wait for someone to take out a crazy. So sorry for everyone that was lost and their families.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
  19. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    So tragic, this guy was a PhD student gone awry and nobody saw the warning signs . . . My heart goes out to all the victims and there families :-(

20. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    The real facts are...
    Lots of bad guys are stopped by a good guy with a gun. But, the media never reports about it when it does happen.
    Condolences to the victims..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.