• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Denver Area Shooting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
what the **$^%&$*# is going on in this country!??!

a by product of a poorly parented kid, a growing problem in this country.

I'm all for gun rights, but situations like this are going to make it harder and harder.

Colorado has virtually no laws restricting hand gun or rifle purchases.

You have to pass a test to be able to drive in every state in the Union, you should have to pass some sort of test to buy a weapon of mass destruction.....

StarSign

It just amazes me how available some things are.....I had gas, this soda oh yeah can you throw in a bullet proof vest and a couple cans of tear gas, thanks.

TheSnowman

It's sad...very close to the exact same community that delt with the shootings at Columbine too...just sick people that need help.

C

ColoPrinthead

Really, really lame. I thought about catching the movie about around 10, very glad I stayed home.

HulkSmash

Really, really lame. I thought about catching the movie about around 10, very glad I stayed home.

at that theater? One of my guys lives right next to that, and goes to that theater weekly.. He would have probably went if his add and brother wasn't visiting.... crazy

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You have to pass a test to be able to drive in every state in the Union, you should have to pass some sort of test to buy a weapon of mass destruction.....

Driving is a privilege that can be granted or denied via the whim of the apparatus. Possessing firearms is a right and is not subject to the vagaries of government.

Craig Sjoquist

Why every American should think of carrying a gun.

Now I must admit carrying one into a fun place like a movie theater probably would not.

But now this has happen changed my mind.

Believe gun training should be part of school or required somehow. believe every person should serve the government in someway, learning gun handling/safety

Could lives be saved had more people packed a gun..? yeah knows will never know but makes ya wonder.

CanuckSigns

Crazy times we are living in, earlier in the week we had 2 people killed and 22 injured at a BBQ in Toronto, the next day another shooting killing 1 in Toronto again, now this!

sar bossier

Sad, and very tragic ... I, too wait for movies to be released to dvd, don't like crowds, and most theaters are like planes - too close together and uncomfortable seats, I can lounge in the recliner @ home ... in jammies ....

C

ColoPrinthead

at that theater? One of my guys lives right next to that, and goes to that theater weekly.. He would have probably went if his add and brother wasn't visiting.... crazy
The 10pm news said that all of the Denver theaters were sold out. I live near Hampden and 25 so its very likely I would have gone to Aurora if I hadn't decided to stay home.

Time for everyone to start wearing guns on their hips . . .

xxaxx

My wife and I usually go to that theater ... a lot of times for the midnight releases ... it was really lucky we weren't there last night cause I have family in town, scary stuff. We have received so many texts and phone calls this morning.

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
what is crazy in all of this is I grew up there and went to high school there. That theater was down the street walking distance. But I dont know whats wrong with people these days? Shooting innocent people up. Seems like he dropped out of med school last month. Grew up in SD and the news said it was a wealthy area.
My prayers go out to all the friends and family of the victims

edgette

Why every American should think of carrying a gun.

Now I must admit carrying one into a fun place like a movie theater probably would not.

But now this has happen changed my mind.

Believe gun training should be part of school or required somehow. believe every person should serve the government in someway, learning gun handling/safety

Could lives be saved had more people packed a gun..? yeah knows will never know but makes ya wonder.

I believe if people choose to carry they should be armed at the highest rate possible. For myself I would say 95% of the time if I am going anywhere I have a gun on me. If we could predict when things like this would happen we wouldn't go but since we can't I'll give myself and my family a fighting chance against the bad guys.

SD&F

I think that if we all carry guns for protection we would have wiped this guy out before he had a chance to do the damage he has done. I can't wait for someone to take out a crazy. So sorry for everyone that was lost and their families.

Last edited by a moderator:

Replicator

So tragic, this guy was a PhD student gone awry and nobody saw the warning signs . . . My heart goes out to all the victims and there families :-(

Techman

The real facts are...
Lots of bad guys are stopped by a good guy with a gun. But, the media never reports about it when it does happen.
Condolences to the victims..

Status
Not open for further replies.