• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Design help with my new ride

Joel golden

IMG_1952.JPG
Ok y'all, just sold my old Toyota minivan and picked up an infinity G35 as a nice little toy, I really couldn't pass it up with its price and what a little sleeper it is. The problem is twofold, I hate white cars and "ivory pearl" is simply a shiny dirty white, two...all my design brain space has been over written by my course load this semester (oh, and I'm not good with color coordinating). I need some ideas and who else can I turn to but you?

2B

treat yourself like a customer,
  • what is your desired color?
  • are you wanting a color change or highlights/accents
  • how elaborate are you wanting the designs to be
with your course work, are you doing any design classes? If so approach the teacher / class and have them do "project" out of it

unless you are making the car a company vehicle with contact information, do a color change
you call this a sleeper, so treat the graphics as that, Matte Charcoal Metallic for the base and use the knifeless tape with carbon fiber the accents / designs

Joel golden

Well, it's gotta be a little conservitive, I'm a seminary student and fleet graphics installer who's done a ton of full wraps. I also sell a line of reflective graphics on the side mostly the motorcycle crowd. Orange, maybe some candy apple satin???

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Haha............. your request sounds like some of the people who come in here and don't know what they want, but will know it when they see it.

So, you just don't like anything about the car you bought, other than the price tag. You also don't wanna spend much money turning it into what you want..... which we have no idea about and last it has to be somewhat conservative, so as to not upset your professors.

My question on that is...... do they judge you on what you drive or what's inside of you ??

If you get your professors on here, maybe they can describe what they want you driving around in.

Joel golden

Haha............. your request sounds like some of the people who come in here and don't know what they want, but will know it when they see it.

So, you just don't like anything about the car you bought, other than the price tag. You also don't wanna spend much money turning it into what you want..... which we have no idea about and last it has to be somewhat conservative, so as to not upset your professors.

My question on that is...... do they judge you on what you drive or what's inside of you ??

If you get your professors on here, maybe they can describe what they want you driving around in.
Wow! You nailed it! It sucks to always be stereotyped by professors...wait, you just stereotyped me off absolutely no knowledge, did you even read the original post? I love this car,I'm a car guy and have always been. I'd go nuts if it were not for the professionalism I need to display sometimes as it would be hard to roll up to preach someone's funeral in a pimped out whip, wouldn't it? Hard to counsel a mom who just lost a child when I roll up in clown car. Hard to visit the nursing home when people would stereotype the person who drives a loud car (visually or audibly). I'm not the typical seminary guy by far, I'm not twenty something, I have owned 6 successful businesses, I've made more in my 41 years than double most make in the lifetime. I'm a dad of two little guys with Down syndrome who we saved from a certain death in a foreign country's orphanage (with help from members on this very forum over 7 years ago). Be careful what you type of people you don't know man, it doesn't make you look good and you're better than that! I'm just a guy asking for help from the most competent people I know because I'm whooped right now and sprucing up the sweet ride into something I enjoy looking at a bit more than I do right now

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow! You nailed it! It sucks to always be stereotyped by professors...wait, you just stereotyped me off absolutely no knowledge, did you even read the original post? I love this car,I'm a car guy and have always been. I'd go nuts if it were not for the professionalism I need to display sometimes as it would be hard to roll up to preach someone's funeral in a pimped out whip, wouldn't it? Hard to counsel a mom who just lost a child when I roll up in clown car. Hard to visit the nursing home when people would stereotype the person who drives a loud car (visually or audibly). I'm not the typical seminary guy by far, I'm not twenty something, I have owned 6 successful businesses, I've made more in my 41 years than double most make in the lifetime. I'm a dad of two little guys with Down syndrome who we saved from a certain death in a foreign country's orphanage (with help from members on this very forum over 7 years ago). Be careful what you type of people you don't know man, it doesn't make you look good and you're better than that! I'm just a guy asking for help from the most competent people I know because I'm whooped right now and sprucing up the sweet ride into something I enjoy looking at a bit more than I do right now

Well, I compliment you on saving those two small children.

However, I did not stereotype you whatsoever. I replied based on the facts you wrote. I never took..... a nice little toy car, as being your dream car. As for the rest of your diatribe...... none of that has to do anything with what you requested. If you want something so minutely different, but yet fit in with all the various needs of your services, you should've said that in the beginning, instead of bringing worthless baggage to the table.

Your best bet would be to do what you want to whatever vehicle of your choosing and find a nice easy going vehicle for your other duties. Not combine the two.

Good luck on that one.......................

equippaint

I don't understand your reply. You posted a picture of a used nissan you just bought, then go on about how tight the budget is, then come back and brag how you've made twice as much money in your life than most will ever make. If that's the case, go down to porsche and buy exactly what you want or pay a wrap company to do something with it.

Joel golden

I don't understand your reply. You posted a picture of a used nissan you just bought, then go on about how tight the budget is, then come back and brag how you've made twice as much money in your life than most will ever make. If that's the case, go down to porsche and buy exactly what you want or pay a wrap company to do something with it.
I have made a lot, this stage of life is tight though as I've given most of it away to various orphanages and adoptions. Just because I made a lot doesn't mean I still have a lot...I mean, it's a "luxury Nissan" but a fun car none the less...just a bit boring looking

equippaint

I have made a lot, this stage of life is tight though as I've given most of it away to various orphanages and adoptions. Just because I made a lot doesn't mean I still have a lot...I mean, it's a "luxury Nissan" but a fun car none the less...just a bit boring looking
Go with a flat solid like was suggested here earlier. It's low key and looks good

Sidney

Don't know if you want to wrap the entire car. It may be simple looking but it has a good look....try designing a wrap that flows from the front-side panel to the back-side panel of the car, without covering the entire side. Keep it rich and cool looking.

Joel golden

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Evidently, you're good with cross-circuiting messages. Sending mixed signals is not a good advantage when you are trying to convey something speaking at someone's funeral, or talking to a mom who just lost a child or visiting nursing homes..... visually or audibly. You need something soothing, but yet you want something not for the typical seminary guy, because you're into cars.

I'm not trying to look good here, as you suggested, you are......... in your tricked out Nissan toy car.

Again, why not do whatever you desire to this car and get another one for your other duties, if you are so worried about stereotyping ??